Newbie With A Couple of Questions

Carlos CCarlos C Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
Hello, RCP!

Brief Introduction:

I'm Carlos. Currently in Chicago. I play NL5/PLO5 on Bovada. Right now I've got around 50 BI ($250). My goal is to get better and build up a bankroll to play live.

I know the games are probably easier live, but my game is rusty and I'm going back to school in January. I also work part time as a research assistant/grant writer for non-profit organizations.

With work and school obligations I don't have quite as much time or money for poker as I would like, so I feel playing online is my best option at the moment.

Here are my questions:

What are the best videos to watch for online players (cash and tournament)?

These microstakes games feel more like bingo than poker. Is that normal, or do I just need to play more?

Anyway, thanks for reading and best of luck to all.

-Carlos

Comments

• dnoyeBdnoyeB DetroitRed Chipper Posts: 284 ✭✭
    I enjoy The Poker Bank and Johnathan Little.
  • CubanBCubanB Red Chipper Posts: 104 ✭✭
    https://redchippoker.com/how-to-learn-poker-for-free/

The article linked above talks about how to learn poker for free, and mentions a few YouTube channels with some good resources (namely Poker Bank, Gripsed, and Red Chip Poker).

I've found the videos available with a Red Chip sub to be invaluable. Even if you can't subscribe now, I think it would be wise to try out a 7-day trial to see the value and perhaps provide some motivation to fit that somewhere into your budget.

GL!
  • Carlos CCarlos C Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
    dnoyeB wrote: »
    I enjoy The Poker Bank and Johnathan Little.
    CubanB wrote: »
    https://redchippoker.com/how-to-learn-poker-for-free/

The article linked above talks about how to learn poker for free, and mentions a few YouTube channels with some good resources (namely Poker Bank, Gripsed, and Red Chip Poker).

I've found the videos available with a Red Chip sub to be invaluable. Even if you can't subscribe now, I think it would be wise to try out a 7-day trial to see the value and perhaps provide some motivation to fit that somewhere into your budget.

GL!

Thank you both!
  • Jake SJake S Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
    @SplitSuit 's videos on the Poker Bank on youtube are indispensable. They were a HUGE help to me when I first started getting into poker. I also listen to the Red Chip Poker Podcast regularly and they have some great episodes with a wide array of poker elites. Hope this helps a bit!
  • Carlos CCarlos C Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Jake S wrote: »
    @SplitSuit 's videos on the Poker Bank on youtube are indispensable. They were a HUGE help to me when I first started getting into poker. I also listen to the Red Chip Poker Podcast regularly and they have some great episodes with a wide array of poker elites. Hope this helps a bit!

Thanks, Jake!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file