Live 2/5 OESD - Line Check

Jonathan KJonathan K Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
Live 2/5, stacks $995 effective. UTG not playing many hands, has not raised in 4 orbits. CO young, knowledgeable and competent player. We have both been somewhat active and talked about strategy in a few random hands. I know he is capable of bluffing and I think he knows I am as well.

UTG: Raises to $15
UTG+1: Calls $15
Hero: Calls $15 :Js :9s
CO: Calls $15
Button: Calls $15
SB: Folds
BB: Calls $10

FLOP: (Pot $92)
\ :Qs :Ts :Jd

BB: Check/Fold
UTG: Check/Fold
UTG+1: Check/Fold
Hero: Bets $75
CO: Calls $75
Button: Folds

TURN: (Pot $242)
\ :Qs :Ts :Jd :7d
Hero: Bets $130
CO: Raises to $$310
Hero: Raises all-in to $895
CO: Calls $585

RIVER: (Pot $2,032)
\ :Qs :Ts :Jd :7d :2d

Hero Shows :Js :9s
CO Shows :Kd :Td

First thought is Fold preflop. Second thought is bet smaller on flop. Open to constructive feedback. Thanks!

- Jonathan
Tagged:

Comments

• WardoYTWardoYT Red Chipper Posts: 191 ✭✭
    Jonathan K wrote: »
    Live 2/5, stacks $995 effective. UTG not playing many hands, has not raised in 4 orbits. CO young, knowledgeable and competent player. We have both been somewhat active and talked about strategy in a few random hands. I know he is capable of bluffing and I think he knows I am as well.

First thought is Fold preflop. Second thought is bet smaller on flop. Open to constructive feedback. Thanks!

- Jonathan

Straight and nut flush draw hits mainly .05 % of the time. Representing 10s are meh and will not happen. The fact that he hit a jack diamond and the 4th street and 5th street was diamonds. Should've told you after the re raise that he has the nut flush 5th street draw.

- Jonathan

Don't bet straight or nut flushes and your win rate will increase only if its like premium hands and I don't consider 10s to be very represented in most hands..
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭
    WardoYT wrote: »

- Jonathan

Straight and nut flush draw hits mainly .05 % of the time. Representing 10s are meh and will not happen. The fact that he hit a jack diamond and the 4th street and 5th street was diamonds. Should've told you after the re raise that he has the nut flush 5th street draw.

- Jonathan

Don't bet straight or nut flushes and your win rate will increase only if its like premium hands and I don't consider 10s to be very represented in most hands..

Do not listen to any of this advice above.

Seriously @WardoYT everyone appreciates sharing opinions but since you are just learning the game I would suggest learning to follow before you lead. Look at the equity hero has in general. Hero is so far ahead of villain betting with the best hand is not -EV. Your giving results based off seeing the result of the hand.

Hero is 43% against a range of AA-TT, AK. Which is enough to gamble with. Against villains exact hand hero is 74%. Your advice is for hero not to bet when hes 74% favorite.

Please post facts to back up your opinion. Where the heck do you get .05%?

Imo: because you have substantial equity vs overall range I am over betting at least 1 street and definitively double barreling. Don't really like the small turn bet cause board hasn't changed. If villain didn't fold for 75% pot bet he wont fold for half pot bet on the turn.

Once you factor in only 3x raise and calling range from the CO there are not much JJ QQ or AK in his range. Some braodways and 98s probably his best hand. Maybe K9s. But against hands like KQd on the flop i still like your hand to win and stacks are deep enough (200bb) to really apply pressure.
    Austin wrote: »

- Jonathan

- Jonathan

Do not listen to any of this advice above.

Seriously @WardoYT everyone appreciates sharing opinions but since you are just learning the game I would suggest learning to follow before you lead. Look at the equity hero has in general. Hero is so far ahead of villain betting with the best hand is not -EV. Your giving results based off seeing the result of the hand.

Hero is 43% against a range of AA-TT, AK. Which is enough to gamble with. Against villains exact hand hero is 74%. Your advice is for hero not to bet when hes 74% favorite.

Please post facts to back up your opinion. Where the heck do you get .05%?

Imo: because you have substantial equity vs overall range I am over betting at least 1 street and definitively double barreling. Don't really like the small turn bet cause board hasn't changed. If villain didn't fold for 75% pot bet he wont fold for half pot bet on the turn.

Once you factor in only 3x raise and calling range from the CO there are not much JJ QQ or AK in his range. Some braodways and 98s probably his best hand. Maybe K9s. But against hands like KQd on the flop i still like your hand to win and stacks are deep enough (200bb) to really apply pressure.

https://poker.stackexchange.com/questions/6026/percentage-chance-of-flopping-straight-or-flush-draw-for-suited-connectors

3:39

Austin your still posting every day and to be honest I have played poker everyday for 6 months as my entertainment value for my income you have no say in what I can tell people and yes you're win rate will be up if you stop betting flushes.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 669 ✭✭✭
    You really have to play MUCH better than competition to make this CC pre flop +EV imo.

You need to know why you are betting the flop in 6-way pot? And after getting called why are you betting the turn?
    kenaces wrote: »
    You really have to play MUCH better than competition to make this CC pre flop +EV imo.

You need to know why you are betting the flop in 6-way pot? And after getting called why are you betting the turn?

I like a maximum of 2-3 way pots and out bet the rest :)
  • tripletiretripletire Red Chipper Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    edited November 13
    Fold pre 4sure.

Flop can mix. We're plenty happy building a massive pot with this hand but it can be argued for taking more passive lines if we think we're getting paid off substantially more often with them. I don't think this is the case, I like building a pot and getting it in on the flop with all our equity.

Check/jam turn. He folds out some better if he's protection betting turn with TP making our merged "semi-bluff" highly profitable as we still have massive equity when called. I ran the FE equation, and we are breaking even on this as a play if we get 0% folds.
    This also allows us to exploit potentially weak tendencies if he's checking back turn with a pretty weak range, which I believe a lot of your opponents likely are, but still is high risk. We can avoid that risk by check/folding unimproved if you don't like your read on his turn checkback being weak.
    @WardoYT
    I struggle to make sense of a lot of your comments, no offense meant. What does it mean that our nut FDs and straight draws hit .05% of the time? Are you trying to say that we basically never hit and shouldn't rely on that as an outcome?

I tend to agree with @Austin , you may need to take a more "question asking" approach to learning through these forums, as I see flaws in your thought process. You also got defensive when he seemed to challenge your skill level, making sure it was known you're confident that you're a strong player. This tends to be a mental game issue as well, you can't let yourself get defensive here. Heed the advice, try to understand why he's saying what he's saying, and build from it.
    tripletire wrote: »
    @WardoYT
    I struggle to make sense of a lot of your comments, no offense meant. What does it mean that our nut FDs and straight draws hit .05% of the time? Are you trying to say that we basically never hit and shouldn't rely on that as an outcome?

I tend to agree with @Austin , you may need to take a more "question asking" approach to learning through these forums, as I see flaws in your thought process. You also got defensive when he seemed to challenge your skill level, making sure it was known you're confident that you're a strong player. This tends to be a mental game issue as well, you can't let yourself get defensive here. Heed the advice, try to understand why he's saying what he's saying, and build from it.

Those long paragraphs don't help your cause....
    edited November 13
    @WardoYT

What? Give me more than that please
    @WardoYT

I ignore all liberal leftist long paragraphs because I have to see it every game every damn day as a entertainer.. You and Austin can pop rocks. Also you called me having a strange thought process?? Wow dude did I say something to ditter you? Who are you as a poker player what source are you to give me advice on what to say??
    @WardoYT

I ignore all liberal leftist long paragraphs because I have to see it every game every damn day as a entertainer.. You and Austin can pop rocks. Also you called me having a strange thought process?? Wow dude did I say something to ditter you? Who are you as a poker player what source are you to give me advice on what to say??

Are you a long-term troll?

I've worked hard to come across as respectful and kind to you, that's hard to do in writing for me.

What is a leftist thought process in poker? Is it my mental game talk?
    @WardoYT

Are you a long-term troll?

I've worked hard to come across as respectful and kind to you, that's hard to do in writing for me.

What is a leftist thought process in poker? Is it my mental game talk?

Haha I am not the troll here...
    edited November 13
    @WardoYT
    You may one day come back to this thread and realize I've not been insulting, only trying to gain and share the best information. That comes with bluntness, I care.

I want to analyze what I think about your psychology in this conversation and how it will hold you back in your process, but I don't know if you'd get much out of it. You'd likely grow more defensive and that's not something I can commit to helping with.

Also, can you please answer the last two questions of my last post?
    @WardoYT
    You may one day come back to this thread and realize I've not been insulting, only trying to gain and share the best information. That comes with bluntness, I care.

I want to analyze what I think about your psychology in this conversation and how it will hold you back in your process, but I don't know if you'd get much out of it. You'd likely grow more defensive and that's not something I can commit to helping with.

@WardoYT

Have you shown kindness to me in writing?? Also the left thought process is writing merely long paragraphs to right independent libertarians with straw argument and no proof of their wrong just stating opinions and there beliefs. I have yet to call you out on your statements or opinions. It does not relate to anything poker..
    @WardoYT
    I've gone out of my way to show you multiple leaks when others weren't, in your thread with the Carbon Poker video. I think of that as kindness.

If I can't make assumptions about the mental game I may as well quit playing poker, as I will never have enough proof to be certain of anything.
    @WardoYT
    I've gone out of my way to show you multiple leaks when others weren't, in your thread with the Carbon Poker video. I think of that as kindness.

If I can't make assumptions about the mental game I may as well quit playing poker, as I will never have enough proof to be certain of anything.

Its the year 2017 and we don't have proof of where we come from except for evolution and reincarnation "DNA"
    @WardoYT At what point does a person have proof when they speak their mind to you about your thought process and what they perceive?
    Would you take my comments differently if I had a psychology degree? Why?
    @WardoYT At what point does a person have proof when they speak their mind to you about your thought process and what they perceive?

Do you even know the environment I grew up in?? .. My school was mainly African Americans... Their was the country fag rich suburban people then people like I who grew up with parents working 9-5 business owner or not and we would have to fend for ourselves.

Look up Chocowinity ENC now I was shocked to hear that its 60-30 but that's all 18 year olds and above. Everywhere but Greenville "GVegas" is a crap hole until we get to Raleigh, Durham, and ChapelHill.

Meanwhile I was on sports team my whole school career... I had sports in high school and 2 essays to write one was a 5 page essay on a random topic that had to be proven to be right.

You will never have proof of me being a writer for others or have sexual relations at a very young age.. It is nearly impossible... Now to the psychology degree

What I heard is that you take on a lot of debt and have to suck corporation #$%% just to get ahead... Of course all you were taught was bs and I can highly doubt that you have anything logical to say... Meanwhile the independent trusted sources can make 10* more money than you because they didn't take debt to win..
    Now to the psychology degree

Of course all you were taught was bs and I can highly doubt that you have anything logical to say...

I disagree pretty massively. I don't have any reason to defend psych in universities as I didn't personally value any educational time in college, but you're very lost, missing something important here.

I don't stand anything to gain from this conversation and it's stressing me out, energy I need to play is going towards trying to help someone who doesn't want any help. Night man.

Of course all you were taught was bs and I can highly doubt that you have anything logical to say...

I disagree pretty massively. I don't have any reason to defend psych in universities as I didn't personally value any educational time in college, but you're very lost, missing something important here.

I don't stand anything to gain from this conversation and it's stressing me out, energy I need to play is going towards trying to help someone who doesn't want any help. Night man.

Questioning my thought process and you flagging my post is the same as me insulting your psych degree...
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 717 ✭✭✭
    This is a site for poker players looking to improve,not a deep net recruiting ground for child pornographic toting low level government interns that are running deep state operations to influence the DNC via stolen Nintendo DS's in order to keep White middle class kids from "being proud to be white" using subverted Venezuela slush funds left over from CIA camps operating under the pretense of FEMA relief from Katrina.

http://public-schools.startclass.com/l/65703/Southside-High
    @WardoYT
    I don't have a psych degree. I also regret reigniting the fire after I said what I had to say in my first post, there wasn't enough to be accomplished having that conversation.
    @WardoYT
    I don't have a psych degree. I also regret reigniting the fire after I said what I had to say in my first post, there wasn't enough to be accomplished having that conversation.

Morals are lost here.

Do you even know the environment I grew up in?? .. My school was mainly African Americans... Their was the country fag rich suburban people then people like I who grew up with parents working 9-5 business owner or not and we would have to fend for ourselves.

Look up Chocowinity ENC now I was shocked to hear that its 60-30 but that's all 18 year olds and above. Everywhere but Greenville "GVegas" is a crap hole until we get to Raleigh, Durham, and ChapelHill.

Meanwhile I was on sports team my whole school career... I had sports in high school and 2 essays to write one was a 5 page essay on a random topic that had to be proven to be right.

You will never have proof of me being a writer for others or have sexual relations at a very young age.. It is nearly impossible... Now to the psychology degree

What I heard is that you take on a lot of debt and have to suck corporation #$%% just to get ahead... Of course all you were taught was bs and I can highly doubt that you have anything logical to say... Meanwhile the independent trusted sources can make 10* more money than you because they didn't take debt to win..

Paging dr joseph F. We have another troll. Maybe you can help him see the light.

I really feel like Joseph has a split personality and his younger mind made a 2nd account to troll us.

For one whom complains about having to read long paragraphs lol.

We go from "you shouldn't bet flush draws cause you hit less than 1% of the time" to "im a victim and im crying on a forum to seek attention because i blame my parents for my up bringing."

Paging dr joseph F. We have another troll. Maybe you can help him see the light.

I really feel like Joseph has a split personality and his younger mind made a 2nd account to troll us.

We go from "you shouldn't bet flush draws cause you hit less than 1% of the time" to "im a victim and im crying on a forum to seek attention because i blame my parents for my up bringing."

Wtf are you talking about???

@tripletire
    He's learning! He's actually asking questions instead of berating the advice offerred as a defensive mechanism that is goes against his own belief.

Im talking about a previous troll who had a mental break and bashed on the thought processes of those who offered advice. After a couple weeks of being hard headed, Joseph saw the light. He is quickly turning into a winning player after losing for years. You should go read some of his earlier post. You two are similar.