Where Do You Watch Poker Videos?

SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
edited April 2015 in Off Topic Chat
I'm really curious where/how you guys watch poker training videos. When I seriously watch a video I do so in my office on the computer. When I watch a video less seriously I do so on the couch via iPad.

What about you?
📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.

Comments

• ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭
    I usually watch my videos on my desktop in my home office.

I do however convert them over to my I-Pad as well for watching on the go when I have a few minutes.

I also convert all my videos to MP3's and load them onto my phone using the Freemake conversion software. This works better with some videos than others obviously. I can listen to the content while driving around all day for work.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    I usually watch my videos on my desktop in my home office.

I do however convert them over to my I-Pad as well for watching on the go when I have a few minutes.

I also convert all my videos to MP3's and load them onto my phone using the Freemake conversion software. This works better with some videos than others obviously. I can listen to the content while driving around all day for work.

Do you like the MP3 option when learning poker? I've heard a lot of people do that (turn videos to MP3s and listen to them while driving), but I've never gotten into it myself...
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on the videos to be honest. Some of the hand re-player videos don't really work well if converted... On second thought, it does force me to visualize the hands ... so, maybe it works better than I think.

What works really well is the general concept discussion videos where the visual is not so important.

As an example you know I purchased you and the Doc's "Mental Advantage" videos. I converted them to MP3's and listened to a few on my trip back and forth to AC this past Sunday and Monday. Worked out really well.

As a matter of fact I am planning on doing a review in the forums once I go back and re-study some of the stuff again... should be fun.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    It really depends on the videos to be honest. Some of the hand re-player videos don't really work well if converted... On second thought, it does force me to visualize the hands ... so, maybe it works better than I think.

What works really well is the general concept discussion videos where the visual is not so important.

As an example you know I purchased you and the Doc's "Mental Advantage" videos. I converted them to MP3's and listened to a few on my trip back and forth to AC this past Sunday and Monday. Worked out really well.

As a matter of fact I am planning on doing a review in the forums once I go back and re-study some of the stuff again... should be fun.

I gotchya. And yea, can't wait to hear what you thought of the series =) That series certainly works well in 'podcast-form'...
  • ArtArtBobartArtArtBobart Red Chipper Posts: 356 ✭✭
    I watch on my office computer mainly. I also keep several videos on my phone to watch while I wait for a seat in the poker room.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the bathtub. #cleanpoker

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file