NL Holdem $0.50(BB)
BB ($46.04)
UTG ($23.75)
HERO ($51.5)
CO ($27.64)
BTN ($44.92)
SB ($44.64)
Dealt to Hero T:club: T:diamond:
UTG Folds, HERO Raises To $1.75 (Rem. Stack: 49.75), CO Calls $1.75 (Rem. Stack: 25.89), BTN Folds, SB Folds, BB Calls $1.25 (Rem. Stack: 44.29)
Flop ($5.50) T:spade: 6:diamond: Q:heart:
BB Checks, HERO Bets $4 (Rem. Stack: 45.75), CO Folds, BB Calls $4 (Rem. Stack: 40.29)
Turn ($13.50) T:spade: 6:diamond: Q:heart: K:spade:
BB Checks, HERO Bets $8.25 (Rem. Stack: 37.50), BB Raises To $40.29 (allin) (Rem. Stack: 0.00), HERO Calls $32.04 (Rem. Stack: 5.46)
River ($94.08) T:spade: 6:diamond: Q:heart: K:spade: 8:spade:

Comments

• JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Hope you considered a check-raise on the flop, but with no info on our opponents, betting out the flop i think is fine, and i think your bet size was also fine. I might have bet a little bigger given 2 broadways on the flop.

On this turn though, again consider a check-raise, but if you are going to bet out, definitely bet bigger here.

As played, we aren't super happy about being shoved on the turn by an unknown, but I think we are definitely calling this raise. Too many hands (two pair, flush draw, open ended straight draw) that we are ahead of, and even if we are against a made straight, we have 10 outs. Only 2 hands (KK, QQ) are killing us, but based on preflop play, those hands are very unlikely.
  • Ray KRay K Red Chipper Posts: 130 ✭✭
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Sometimes the BB shows up with J9 or AJ and that sucks but 20% of the time we suck out. Sometimes we are ahead of bottom set or overplayed two pair and win often or often against a combo pair + straight flush draw which is what the check jam kind of looks like and win 70%.

Are you playing on Bovada and did this happen to you on this week? I remember this exact board texture/situation where I was in the BB and ran into a set of TT with a made straight at 50NL zone after I check jammed turn.
  • pvhawkeyepvhawkeye Red Chipper Posts: 44 ✭✭
    I wouldve also considered check-raising the flop because we are against 2 opponents, making it more likely one of them will catch a piece (QT connects with a lot of CC's). But I'd also mix in the cbet for value. I think the decision is pretty close since we run the risk of it checking through if we don't cbet.
    On the turn, agree I would make it closer to pot sized bet. Our villain already showed interest on the flop and that turn card should help him a good chunk of his range. We're betting for value and some protection against the draws.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go bigger on the turn. Your betting 8 into 13 giving caller a price or (2.5 : 1) only has to be be good 28-30% of the time. Also with additional implied odds he can continue with KJs with ease or any open ended.

I don't think a shove here on the turn is ever a bluff but combo draw or 2 pair+ which is raising for value. I think a lot of 2 pairs flat because you can easily have AJ here yourself.

@Danny M if you peeled with AJ here oop what is your plan on a A, J, 9 turn where you pick up more equity? Despite 1 over and a gutter a peel oop 3 way is a little light. You may be burning money calling this cbet.
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    @Austin against the cutoff opening range we actually prefer not improving to a pair in this situation as we are behind most of villains value range and must fold to 3 bullets a lot of the time however we would be ahead of T's that haven't made 2 pair and a lot of Axs pocket pairs and draws that don't improve but I expect villain to give up often enough that we can steal the pot away from Tx and lower pocket pairs on a lot of blank rivers and sometimes we hit our straight or have the best A high
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danny M wrote: »
    @Austin against the cutoff opening range we actually prefer not improving to a pair in this situation as we are behind most of villains value range and must fold to 3 bullets a lot of the time however we would be ahead of T's that haven't made 2 pair and a lot of Axs pocket pairs and draws that don't improve but I expect villain to give up often enough that we can steal the pot away from Tx and lower pocket pairs on a lot of blank rivers and sometimes we hit our straight or have the best A high

So your plan is to check call two streets and hope you have the best hand vs co range trying to get to a cheap showdown? Seems like a hard way to make money, a long the lines of a limit holdem game rather than NL.
    Danny M wrote: »
    Are you playing on Bovada and did this happen to you on this week? I remember this exact board texture/situation where I was in the BB and ran into a set of TT with a made straight at 50NL zone after I check jammed turn.

This was around the first week of december
    Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD & Database
    NL Holdem $0.50(BB)
    BB ($154.53)
    UTG ($133.59)
    HJ ($89.56)
    CO ($81.55)
    BTN ($64.05)
    HERO ($57.52)
    Dealt to Hero K:spade: 9:spade:
    UTG Folds, HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Raises To $1.75 (Rem. Stack: 62.30), HERO Raises To $6.00 (Rem. Stack: 51.27), BB Calls $5.75 (Rem. Stack: 148.28), BTN Calls $4.5 (Rem. Stack: 57.80)
    Flop ($18.75) T:heart: 3:spade: 9:heart:
    HERO Bets $9.37 (Rem. Stack: 41.90), BB Folds, BTN Raises To $21.12 (Rem. Stack: 36.68), Hero?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file