Understanding Flopzilla

Brad CBrad C Red Chipper Posts: 181 ✭✭
Figured I'd post some basic questions here and others can as well.

When I input villains range and then assign myself two hole cards but do not enter in any values for the flop, it gives me the following:

Equity Range:
Equity Hand:
Tie:

ON THE FLOP:
Range is best:
Hand is best:
Same Hand:

What is the difference between those two groupings of stats? Specifically, I'm trying to understand if what I called with is crushed by villains opening range, so which of those two grouping of stats, should I focus on more and why?

Thanks

Comments

• MidnightFoxMidnightFox Red Chipper Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    On the Flop means who has the best hand on an average of random flops. It does not take into account who will win by the river.
    Also, there’s a switch you can use on Flop or Turn to limit equity to those streets. So that if you haven’t hit your draw yet, you have 0% Equity against a made hand within the range. This is very useful because often you will want to know how often on the Flop or Turn you are ahead without River considerations clouding-up the numbers.
    The first figure is calculated all the way to the River; this is the standard understanding of equity.

[In Poker Cruncher’s mobile app, this is what the “Deal to” function is for as well]
    :Jd :Tc
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,034 -
    Good responses.

I will also add that the hand/range equity that extends to the river is most important when you anticipate getting to showdown. If you, or your opponent, tends not to get to showdown often - then hot/cold equity is less significant.
  • MidnightFoxMidnightFox Red Chipper Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, it’s not a switch; nevermind. It just shows it there. Thanks octavian.

Btw TakeEV is a lite mobile app clone of flopzilla. Check it.
    :Jd :Tc

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file