NL Holdem $0.05(BB)
BTN ($3.05)
SB ($4.92)
BB ($17.47)
HERO ($5)
HJ ($7.3)
CO ($1.4)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:club:

HERO Raises To $0.15 (Rem. Stack: 4.85), HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Calls $0.15 (Rem. Stack: 2.90), SB Folds, BB Calls $0.1 (Rem. Stack: 17.32)

Flop ($0.47) T:club: Q:club: 5:club:
BB Checks, HERO Bets $0.33 (Rem. Stack: 4.52), BTN Folds, BB Raises To $1.46 (Rem. Stack: 15.86), HERO Raises To $4.52 (allin) (Rem. Stack: 0.00), BB Calls $3.39 (Rem. Stack: 12.47)

Turn ($10.17) T:club: Q:club: 5:club: 3:club:

River ($10.17) T:club: Q:club: 5:club: 3:club: 8:heart:

BB shows A:club: 6:club:

BB wins $9.67

I shoved over his flop bet as calling would more than likely put me in a terrible spot on the turn. Am I ever getting away from this hand here, playing it differently, or is this just a cooler? I'm starting to not like the term "cooler" as I am beginning to not like blaming variance for results. They are what they are. How could I have played this hand better?

Comments

• GTOLife2020GTOLife2020 Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 875 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    http://www.power-equilab.com
    Board: Q:club:T:club:5:club:
    Equity Win Tie
    MP2 73.03% 72.17% 0.85% { KK }
    BB 26.97% 26.12% 0.85% { JJ-66, AQs-A2s, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, AQo-A9o, KTo+, QTo+, JTo }

4.6% chance that he flopped the flush, let alone the nutflush. Obviously way ahead of v's range here.

Unfortunately, this was one of my first hands at an anonymous table and I had no information on villain. V, the player to his right, and myself wound up at this table for another 2 hours together. V turned out to be super, super tight tag who basically sits on the nuts. Once I picked this up on my HUD (as the player to his right was a 60/3/0 who just sits on the nuts as well and never raises or reraises until he has them) neither one of them profited off of me again and this wound up being the only BI I dropped for the session.
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    You are not getting away from this 100bb deep. Often you are against a naked A.c. or jj type jand with a club and sometimes a set or baby flush when the action goes like this so you definitely want to charge the naked Ac the max to draw and see both cards when you are behind a set or baby flush. 200+bb deep you can fold as when villain shoves 200+bb into the pot you are definitely beat.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Well played. I think getting it in on the flop is fine as if he had sets or 2 pair may be even a hand like QxJc another club kills the action.

Flop is :Tc:Qc:5C:
    I would calculate your equity vs his get it in range, not his preflop range. I think it's closer to like 55\45 or 60\40.

Do hands like 55, TT, QT, AcTx, QxJc, all AcXc and some baby flushes and see what it says.
  • GTOLife2020GTOLife2020 Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 875 ✭✭✭
    Austin wrote: »
    Well played. I think getting it in on the flop is fine as if he had sets or 2 pair may be even a hand like QxJc another club kills the action.

Flop is :Tc:Qc:5C:
    I would calculate your equity vs his get it in range, not his preflop range. I think it's closer to like 55\45 or 60\40.

Do hands like 55, TT, QT, AcTx, QxJc, all AcXc and some baby flushes and see what it says.

Thanks. I'll do some work with these combos and see what it looks like. It's a shame I didn't have even 10 or 15 hands on this guy because I have really nice population reads on Ignition now and it's getting extremely easy to spot the nits and both a) push them all over the place and b) know when to hero fold as they only wake up when we're beat.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file