Recording Combos and Percentage Correctly

itsgoldenitsgolden Los Angeles, CARed Chipper Posts: 50 ✭✭
edited December 2017 in Live Workbook (Vol 1)
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the Live Workbook and I want to make sure I'm recording the %-form and # of combos correctly as well as the % of previous range correctly on the Section 1 Template (pasted below). I'm sure this has been answered but I looked around, reread the workbook intro, and watched a couple of flopzilla videos and couldn't figure it out. Can someone please tell me how to correctly fill out the template at the bottom given the example I'm providing? Either that or direct me to somewhere I can learn about how to do it correctly. Thanks in advance!

I notice that when I choose a range prior to putting in the flop I have a certain number of combos and percentage and when I put in the flop that number reduces- the same is true from flop to turn and turn to river (obviously- we remove combos including the cards that come on the flop). So a simple example is opening with the range below and flop all Aces.

AA-22,AKo-AQo,AKs-A2s,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s

PREFLOP:

Combos: 190 (14.3%)- this is what we get before inputting the flop
74sqpajfuil8.png

FLOP:
:2H::3H::4H:

Preflop Combos reduced to 178 possible combination given flop (no longer 190).

Assume we continue with overpair+
-number of combos 91 of 178, 51.1% of hands pass through the filters
e2inege36jw6.png

TURN:
:2H::3H::4H::5C:

Preflop Combos reduced to 174 possible combinations (no longer 178)
-number of combos 75 (out of 87), 86.2% of hands pass through filters
Assume we continue with overpair+
02n17klaybsi.png

RIVER:
:2H::3H::4H::5C::TD:

-assume we continue with straight flush only
Preflop Combos reduced to 166 possible combinations (no longer 174)
-number of combos 1 (out of 72), 1.39% of hands pass through filters
1dfmdffiixo1.png

What would be the correct way to fill in the Section 1 Template below?
t0ix6n10jddt.png

Comments

• itsgoldenitsgolden Los Angeles, CARed Chipper Posts: 50 ✭✭
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to make @SplitSuit 's job. Especially when he did the job already :)

Welcome among us!

This is the 1st video of a playlist to analyze a hand of the Workbook
  • itsgoldenitsgolden Los Angeles, CARed Chipper Posts: 50 ✭✭
    @Red Thanks for sharing. I don't think this quite answers my question given that in this example from Section 2 we are adding in deadcards- at around 6:40 the combos go from about 882 to 816 after accounting for Jc9c. I'm referring to section 1 where we are talking about our own range and the combos get reduced automatically as the flop, turn, and river dealt.

Are there any example videos of hands from section 1 that anyone can point me to that might show how to record the %-form and # of combos correctly as well as the % of previous range correctly on the Section 1 Template?
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,069 -
    itsgolden wrote: »
    @Red Thanks for sharing. I don't think this quite answers my question given that in this example from Section 2 we are adding in deadcards- at around 6:40 the combos go from about 882 to 816 after accounting for Jc9c. I'm referring to section 1 where we are talking about our own range and the combos get reduced automatically as the flop, turn, and river dealt.

Are there any example videos of hands from section 1 that anyone can point me to that might show how to record the %-form and # of combos correctly as well as the % of previous range correctly on the Section 1 Template?

If you have a PRO Membership, watch this video: https://redchippoker.com/pro-video-sweeney027/

I go through a Section 1 hand step-by-step.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • tfaziotfazio Red Chipper Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Just a reminder we have a Skype group that meets Thursday 9pm est to discuss hands from the workbook msg @derdonker with Skype name to join
  • Brad CBrad C Red Chipper Posts: 181 ✭✭
    Oh that's great thanks for the heads up on that @tfazio

Are there multiple volumes and if so, is the group at a certain point in any particular volume?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file