Can we get away from a set vs passive villain?

Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
50NL
Hero (150BB) in the CO with 7h7d
UTG (75bb) a rather passive player 40%vpip 5%pfr <1AF over 60 hands raises 3bb
Hero calls. BB calls.
Flop Kh 7c 5c
BB checks. UTG checks. Hero bets 5bb
Bb calls. Utg 1 calls
Turn 9d
BB checks. UTG checks. Hero bets 15bb
Bb folds. Utg calls.
River Ah
UTG checks. hero bets 26BB
UTG raises all-in for another 27bb
Any other <100bb player we are happy he does the river spazzout with the busted draw TT or 66... We are kind of priced in to call and it's a snap call most of the time but based on the fact villain seems very passive, raised preflop, and is raising river how often are we ahead here vs this particular player?

Comments

• moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to be half of V's remaining stack on the river when you have a set, then you had better be prepared to call the rest.

On the river, you either check back or call down with your hand. If you were that worried that V had you beat, then the check would have been in order.

All that being said, this would have been an odd line throughout had V had AA or AK. KK is possible. AQc?? It's an odd range for him... So, yeah, I'd call off here.
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    If you're going to be half of V's remaining stack on the river when you have a set, then you had better be prepared to call the rest.

On the river, you either check back or call down with your hand. If you were that worried that V had you beat, then the check would have been in order.

All that being said, this would have been an odd line throughout had V had AA or AK. KK is possible. AQc?? It's an odd range for him... So, yeah, I'd call off here.

Yes it looks like AQc based on the line he took... UTG did showed KK... I think we always lose money here as I mentioned this is a snap call based on the size of the pot against any other shortstacker as they are capable of spazzing out with many hands we beat... I'm not worried I'm beat till he raises me at which point in this particular spot against this particular villain are we burning 27bb cuz pot odds

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file