How do start playing Online Poker ?

BenLeewoodBenLeewood Red Chipper Posts: 279 ✭✭
I'm going to start 2018 playing poker online. I haven't done it since Black Friday. I live in Colorado.

Americas Card Room has been the recommendation I've been getting. I've also heard Ignition is good.

What's the best way to get money on a site? Any feedback on online poker is welcome......

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭
    I've just used Visa on ACR over the past couple of years and it's been fine. Just depends on your bank as to how difficult it may or may not be.
  • needaglassofmilkneedaglassofmilk Red Chipper Posts: 47 ✭✭
    Bitcoin or getting a transfer from another player is the easiest way to add funds to ACR. But right now the bitcoin fees are crazy high to try to move. Global Poker is a really good site and it's easy to move money on and off via paypal.
  • Russ IRuss I Red Chipper Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Ninjah and Milk are both correct. Global is the easiest to fund, via PayPal, and the payout hits your PayPal account in less than 12 hours, at least after the first one. To me, Global has soft games at the micro-stakes level. The downside is it's browser based, so no HUDs (which you may consider a positive), the software is wonky (for instance, it's really hard to look at hand histories), and they don't have as many games as other places.

I've funded ACR with my credit card, then had it reversed by my bank (that caused a real mess). I've used bitcoin and there's a learning curve there, and it's slow...takes me 5 business days to fund my wallet. So I keep a buy in or two in my bitcoin wallet for future funding of poker accounts. That's fine at mico-stakes levels but I'm not savvy enough to risk real money in crypto-currency. I like playing ACR better than Global, but I'm more successful on ACR.
  • WardoYTWardoYT Red Chipper Posts: 284 ✭✭
    BenLeewood wrote: »
    I'm going to start 2018 playing poker online. I haven't done it since Black Friday. I live in Colorado.

Americas Card Room has been the recommendation I've been getting. I've also heard Ignition is good.

What's the best way to get money on a site? Any feedback on online poker is welcome......

Global Poker is legal...
  • morel huntermorel hunter Red Chipper Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Does ACR have or still have a $65 withdrawal fee? If so, that's not good.

Global has no withdrawal or deposit fees. But they do rake 5% up to $3 and from my understanding that is high for online.

I had deposited on ACR once using bitcoin through my credit card. I had to contact the credit card company and authorize the bitcoin purchase.

I'm not a fan of having to use HUD's to play poker but if you do join a site that allows HUD's then I strongly recommend that you get a HUD and level the playing field unless you are playing penny ante.
    Does ACR have or still have a $65 withdrawal fee? If so, that's not good.

Global has no withdrawal or deposit fees. But they do rake 5% up to $3 and from my understanding that is high for online.

I had deposited on ACR once using bitcoin through my credit card. I had to contact the credit card company and authorize the bitcoin purchase.

I'm not a fan of having to use HUD's to play poker but if you do join a site that allows HUD's then I strongly recommend that you get a HUD and level the playing field unless you are playing penny ante.

You can cash out once per month for free.
  • MidnightFoxMidnightFox Red Chipper Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Wire some money to my personal account, and I’ll get you started.
    :Jd :Tc
  • BenLeewoodBenLeewood Red Chipper Posts: 279 ✭✭
    Ninjah wrote: »
    I've just used Visa on ACR over the past couple of years and it's been fine. Just depends on your bank as to how difficult it may or may not be.
    A plain old Visa? Or one of those funky international Pre paid Visa Cards?
    BenLeewood wrote: »
    Ninjah wrote: »
    A plain old Visa? Or one of those funky international Pre paid Visa Cards?

Standard bank debit
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 160 ✭✭
    edited January 2
    I play Bovada where people call raises and reraises with any 2 suited cards and any offsuit connected cards (56o in a 4bet pot) at 200nl and $160 buy-in tourneys. Its amazing! Use a credit/debit card. You can have a check for any amount mailed to you or get direct deposit to your bank on cashouts of $1500 or more.
  • Curado KevCurado Kev Red Chipper Posts: 18 ✭✭
    I play all the above -- Global Poker is the easiest now for beginners getting money in/out and probably some of the fishiest players. ACR has more money in tourney pools, if you want to learn HUD's (I use Drive HUD now/stopped using HM) and I like the client better than the crappy browser based GP.

I would play both using play money and see what you like then put money in. I have put money in and withdrawal with Bitcoin on ACR with no issues and still deposit with VISA on ACR using a Major Bank credit card with no issues.

You can get GP up and going in 5 minutes with cash on tables....maybe your best to start in then run it up to 3-4K ...then join ACR :))

Message me if you need more info - happy to help.
  • hopeless_fish dhopeless_fish d Red Chipper Posts: 33 ✭✭
    make a 10000$ deposit and play at least NL10, you learn quickest by actually playing the game at high stakes.

If you just keep depositing money you will egentually become a winner.
  • Joseph FJoseph F Red Chipper Posts: 593 ✭✭
    make a 10000$ deposit and play at least NL10, you learn quickest by actually playing the game at high stakes.

If you just keep depositing money you will egentually become a winner.

Come on, Dude. Don't litter the forums with this kind of nonsense. A beginner will take your advice and run with it. This is what they did back in the day on 2p2.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file