Should I fold KK preflop?

Fernando TFernando T Red Chipper Posts: 47 ✭✭
Does anyone fold KK pre flop to 4 bet? And with witch hands would you 4 bet?

Comments

• MidnightFoxMidnightFox Red Chipper Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Live $1/$2, I do.
    I play against the weakest sort of players one could run into. They are opening AK/AQs/99, and 3-betting AA/KK.

8enkqmn7v13d.png

I’d have to be deep enough to set-mine in order to call. How much more if this player were 4-betting?

I 4-bet nothing if my opponent is smart enough to know I can only have AA. Some players are never folding KK after they 3-bet; against these I 4-bet AA.

Online, on Ignition 5NL I’m never folding KK.
    :Jd :Tc
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Fernando TFernando T Red Chipper Posts: 47 ✭✭
    Live $1/$2, I do.
    I play against the weakest sort of players one could run into. They are opening AK/AQs/99, and 3-betting AA/KK.

8enkqmn7v13d.png

I’d have to be deep enough to set-mine in order to call. How much more if this player were 4-betting?

I 4-bet nothing if my opponent is smart enough to know I can only have AA. Some players are never folding KK after they 3-bet; against these I 4-bet AA.

Online, on Ignition 5NL I’m never folding KK.
    :Jd :Tc

I agree with you!
  • Faustovaldez123Faustovaldez123 Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 661 ✭✭✭
    persuadeo wrote: »
    Eveyone's a badass for $5.

you might be on to something
    COACHING NOW AVAILABLE HERE
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭✭
    Fernando T wrote: »
    Does anyone fold KK pre flop to 4 bet?

Totally player dependent, not stakes dependent or venue dependent or online/live dependent. I'll fold it to a 3-bet if I have to.

I've folded KK preflop 3 times, twice I was right and the third time I'll never know. Sometimes it's just an easy fold because you know the player is so tight and/or so passive that there's nothing else they can have. If I limp UTG and a super tight player raises UTG+1 and I 3-bet, and super tighty knows that limp/reraise only means AA/KK, and then he 4-bets, this is an easy fold.

Other times I don't fold specifically because I know they have AA, and I have odds to set mine (it's also good to know if they ever fold AA postflop).

• jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    I almost got someone to fold KK last time I played other day 4-bet shoving KQo. Does that count? Who 3-bet's from $12 to $75? People scared of playing post flop. I got blockers! Smells like JJ or 10's to me. Assumptions make an ass out of us all sometimes.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Red Chipper Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Online higher stakes? I don't think so as you are vs opponents who can see your data and 4b a balanced range. If you fold KK you are folding part of your top range to their balanced range mixed with bluffs.

Low stakes like like on Bovada..... It depends on the player. It has no HUD so players play more like live.

Live? 100% you can. It depends on a number of factors. I'll give some examples.

#1 1/2 - 3 limps, some young 1/2 tipsey guy raises $8, you 3b KK to $24, one caller in the BB, folds to tipsy who only has $110 left decides to shove on you..... yea here I call.

Take the same situation and turn tipsey guy to some 80 year old white nit who hasn't played a hand in 2 hours, has $300, and reraised you $100 I'd fold.

2/5 You have a tight image and raise UTG $20, some 50 year old weak tight rec player 3bs you to $60 after careful thought and only has $250 you might consider folding.

Aggro Pro player who you know but doesn't know you sits down at your 2/5 game and by chance you go on a hot streak and never show your hand. You are just hitting some hands sees you do this for 9 of 20 hands raising limpers, 3bing players. Then you get KK in MP and do it again.... he 3bs you from the BB. You aren't folding.

It's very rare. It also depends on where you live. In S.E. Florida @ Isles or HR basically that's AA/KK. You go to Miami and you could be facing 72o for the fuck of it as an example.
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    2/5 You have a tight image and raise UTG $20, some 50 year old weak tight rec player 3bs you to $60 after careful thought and only has $250 you might consider folding.

no.
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Well in the rare case that you play with an old school not that only 4bets AA you can find the fold button or if you are 200+ bb deep facing an AI but in the games that I play in at 1/2 100bb deep The general population is 3betting AQ+ 99-TT+ for value, bluff 3betting SC, lower PP, Broadway hands, suited Aces, suited face X, random hands vs late position opens and bluff 4betting a lot of Broadway combos, Ax's, and QQ+ Ak for value so I would say against these ranges it would be a losing play to fold KK UNLESS you see the action go raise, cold 3bet, cold 4bet, cold AI 5bet at a nitty table or are 4 or 5bet by a supernit... the chances of running into AA with 8 players left to act is about 4% so if players are stacking off with TT+ AQ+ or even QQ+ AK I would say KK is never a fold pre unless you've got the dead read that you are against AA.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file