What hud stats to use when playing MTT

SneakySneaky Red Chipper Posts: 19 ✭✭
Hi guys,

What hud stats you use when playing MTT?

What is best to focus on?

Comments

• ChipFluxChipFlux Red Chipper Posts: 38 ✭✭
    What do you want to know about how your opponents are playing?
    ChipFlux wrote: »
    What do you want to know about how your opponents are playing?

I realize that may not have been especially helpful. I was trying to get you to consider or review the various stats you could choose to put in your HUD, and then once you had an overview of potential stats, make a selection. I was doing some MTT HUD updating recently, these are the stats I am using as I have it laid out today. I could print money betting that others have different stats and layouts with some commonalities such as VPIP/PFR/3B being most widely included in most players' HUDs.

VPIP/ PFR/ RFI/ 3B/
    CbetF/ CBTurn/ Bet River/
    Fold to Flop CBet/ Fold to TCB/ Fold to RBet
    Name/ BBlinds(stack)/ Hands/ Notes
  • SneakySneaky Red Chipper Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Thanks Buddy!

I asked because I want to come up with most important stats.

I'm working on improving my game at 40bb and less in MTT's and
    just thinking ahead about what would be most relevant stat to have it handy in those
    common situations at this stack sizes.

I also don't want to have too many stats on screen either. Nice and neat is my goal.

Of course I'm going to use VPIP/PFR/3B/CbetF etc.

Let's say that Typical MTT stack size situation will be ~ 30-35bb

You wont be seeing as many rivers bc stacks are shallower, right?
    So in this case Fold to TCB & Cbet a turn would be best choice?

I think you should use the stats that make sense for you and that do not clutter your screen or thinking while you are playing. Start simple, add more later if you think it will help.
  • World ResidentWorld Resident Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Well ingame you will mostly use VPIP, PFR and BBs only. That is because the sample size of your opponents won't be high enough to make reliable decisions. In tournaments it will be hard to get a huge amount of hands on your villains.

So I would highly recommend. That if you use for example 3bet %, you first look how many spots he has had. He could be 3betting 20% if he used 2 of his 10 chances to 3bet you. But as you can imagine. These aren't proper numbers to assume he is getting out of line.
  • SneakySneaky Red Chipper Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Yeah that’s right. I’m probably overthinking. Thanks for dropping a comment
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I'm biased because my HUD is holdem indicator and is rather limited compared to regular huds as Bovada is anonymous. I use the obvious VPIP and PFR, 3b% fold to 3b%, flop c-bet fold to cbet, steal fold to steal, and AF which is pretty much all the stats lol besides amount won/lost and won without showdown and went to showdown and won...

I mean you can make some pretty sound decisions if someone has a PFR of under 10% and 20% cbet we know 3betting them as a bluff is not going to be smart and we can take flops and bluff them often.

My fav type of player is the one with a 40vpip and 3 pfr after like 100 hands in a tourney. Guess what hands he is raising lol!!

If a player of an AF of less than 1 starts betting and raising we can safely fold marginal hands but if a player has a higher or just ridiculous AF like 9 or something and WWS 80% we may want to call or raise more liberally or avoid this player altogether with all but our strongest holdings.

Another great stat in a tourney is steal %. Vs a higher steal percentage we can 3b and defend from our blinds more liberally or if its lower wee know this player probably has a deccent holding.

I'm thinking about moving to ACR to play in the 1M Guarantee, so I'll get to use a real HUD finally lol!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file