Interesting YouTube Spot

Nathan SNathan S Red Chipper Posts: 267 ✭✭
edited January 11 in Live Poker Hands
liai1jy3wbgr.png

Courtesy of JohnnieVibes

Hero?

Villain is "not much of a bluffer...a pretty standard player" don't know how many hands he actually has on him but these were his words.

Flop raise happened quickly

Comments

• Cereal KillerCereal Killer Red Chipper Posts: 76 ✭✭

Courtesy of JohnnieVibes

Hero?

Villain is "not much of a bluffer...a pretty standard player" don't know how many hands he actually has on him but these were his words.

Flop raise happened quickly

I think the flop c-bet was too small. Against a maniac I call and expect to lose pretty often. Against someone who doesn't bluff enough I lay it down.
  • Zero CoolZero Cool Red Chipper Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    If villain really is a standard player then this is an easy fold. Once villain checks back the turn we can narrow his range to mostly drawing hands most of which get there with this river. You'd have to assume villain would raise the flop with a lot of air or second or third pairs to be able to make this call.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With only two available 109s, which should have bet turn anyway once one available semibluff filled, villain has all available tens and some other slowplayed overpairs like jacks. The problem for OP is villain might not bet these, as hero's range is protected and still has overpairs and even clubs that understand a lead is poor. While an aggressive, better player might have A9s raising for value and protection, iy does not sound like the profile. And of course, the "not much of a bluffer" leaves the bet/check/bet line with all available clubs, which hero does not block at all, gives villain far too much value for a call. I agree that the spot is interesting because villain should have used the filled straight to barrel clubs and the two 109s, leaving some doubt as to what he could have. Possible bluffs include j10 and slowplayed ak/aq with a club finding a way to win.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file