Strategy vs bluff-catchers?

jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭
So I had a strange occurrence last night, the entire table was almost exclusively limp, calling pre-flop, with the entire portion of their range. And then, almost always check, calling to me every time. I've faced players who do this, but not really an entire table. I ended up value owning myself KQ vs AQ, and top 2 vs bottom set, as well as getting my hand caught in the cookie jar bluffing prob too much. There was some large value betting too, but in the end a small losing sessions after a final bluff went awry.

What is the best adjustment vs a table or players who are in super serious bluff-catching mode of almost exclusively check/calling you? Overbet with the highest portion of your range, while expanding your range extremely wide pre-flop with smaller opening sizes, and a 1/3rd to 1/4th C-bet on flop strategy? In addition, attempt more equity realization on the turn after called on the flop, rather than relying on FE?

Comments

• AkashicAkashic Red Chipper Posts: 54 ✭✭
    What was your sizing preflop?

Tighten your range and decrease bluff frequencies. Value owning yourself isn't that bad of a thing. I would explore bet sizing after the flop. If they are calling regardless, start to use under and over bets. See how they adapt to that.
  • jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18
    $1/3 sizing preflop started around $12-15 and increased per limper to about $20-$25. Settled around $15 standard no matter the hand or limpers, as increasing per limper just seemed to be a bad recipe for leaving myself too open to facing top end range vs my wide pre-flop hand selection which includes prob a 35-45% of hands in LP.
  • moishetreatsmoishetreats Red Chipper Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd explore first INCREASING your pre-flop betting size before decreasing it and having every hand go multi-way. There should be a price point where the limp-calling translates to limp-folding or isolation.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Red Chipper Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Bet it like an MTT. If they are folding the weak part of their range and trapping you, by playing passive, with strong ranges then bet small. Preflop if you can get it heads up with larger raising sizing do so. In passive games where they have no aggression at all you can 100% control the bet sizing of the game. Bet small when you have a good hand, bet large when you have a strong hand. Draws bet small. The adjustment might be if they call down TPGK or not or only TPTK like AQ on Qxx but not QJ.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file