Vegas 1-2

Brad CBrad C Red Chipper Posts: 181 ✭✭
i ended up hitting a bunch of spots in Vegas and it was really interesting to see how the 1-2 games played vs. where i live in the Bay Area.

From what I experienced, a 10-15 dollar raise is generally enough to isolate in vegas or maybe get 2 callers. In Bay Area, if you raise 10-15 you're probably getting 4-6 callers.

Part of the reason I think this happens is because in Bay Area it's a 1-2-2 game and in vegas it's just 1-2, so there's significantly more money committed in the former.

Also, this may be weird but I actually think there are more crazy, drunk people at some of the spots in the Bay Area than there are in Vegas which I was honestly surprised to see. I kinda figured in Vegas you'd have a lot of drunks just coming in and washing a couple hundred down the drain shoving any two cards. But, in general, from what I experienced the game plays much tighter. In vegas It's basically a weak tight game where people are playing fit or fold with the occasional random sitting down and going a little crazy.

Would love to hear other people's perspective on the 1-2 games in Vegas. Maybe I had a unique experience or am reading the game wrong.

Comments

• Cereal KillerCereal Killer Red Chipper Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Brad C wrote: »
    i ended up hitting a bunch of spots in Vegas and it was really interesting to see how the 1-2 games played vs. where i live in the Bay Area.

From what I experienced, a 10-15 dollar raise is generally enough to isolate in vegas or maybe get 2 callers. In Bay Area, if you raise 10-15 you're probably getting 4-6 callers.

Part of the reason I think this happens is because in Bay Area it's a 1-2-2 game and in vegas it's just 1-2, so there's significantly more money committed in the former.

Also, this may be weird but I actually think there are more crazy, drunk people at some of the spots in the Bay Area than there are in Vegas which I was honestly surprised to see. I kinda figured in Vegas you'd have a lot of drunks just coming in and washing a couple hundred down the drain shoving any two cards. But, in general, from what I experienced the game plays much tighter. In vegas It's basically a weak tight game where people are playing fit or fold with the occasional random sitting down and going a little crazy.

Would love to hear other people's perspective on the 1-2 games in Vegas. Maybe I had a unique experience or am reading the game wrong.

I haven't played in Vegas yet, but have read discussions on other boards where people who make a yearly trip there complain about nitty, crappy games over the last several years. The topic started with one person mentioning how much worse the games in Vegas are compared to their local games and several others chiming in to confirm they have had the same experience. Your experience seems to mirror theirs, but does that make the game crappy? I'm not sure it does.
  • Brad CBrad C Red Chipper Posts: 181 ✭✭
    Yeah I don't think it's that horrible - just different and a little surprising. Can bluff a decent amount with large bet sizing which seems to get through but also if you size a little less, people seemed to be holding onto middle pair type hands a little longer than maybe they should have.

• Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    OP nailed it. Vegas games are nitty. Doesnt mean theyre not beatable though.
  • ChipFluxChipFlux Red Chipper Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Brad C wrote: »

I think time of day and day of the week matters. There is a population of nittty local regs who play in the rooms in Vegas, but the games can be livelier on the weekends and during the later evenings. The beauty of Vegas is that if one room's games are locked down, there are a myriad of other venues very near by.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    I played in Vegas ~3 months last summer (end of May to end of August). Except some old man coffee (usually local bad reg), 1/2 games aren't so nitty. But they are very fit-or-fold; and don't like to play big pot except if they think they can win (doesn't mean they have the right holding). They are kinda overfolding, but still will be stacked off when they like their 2nd (or 3rd/4th) best hand.
    With the right strategy, you can have a very decent win rate per hour.

I felt 2/5$ to be tighter, because a worst tight local regs to gambling tourists ratio. Still very lucrative when you know how to handle both of these populations.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file