Art vs Dan 10 min mark

AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
I found this hand incredibly interesting. Wanted to discuss some of the sizing both preflop and postflop. Idk if we as low stake players should ever cold 4 bet TT as the 3 bets are generally pretty tight already. Let me know what you think.

Comments

• jfarrow13jfarrow13 Red Chipper Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Ryan was like “WOW what a check back on the river” and I like like lol not really.
  • keith ckeith c Red Chipper Posts: 142 ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I would consider 4 betting 10 10 depending on a lot of things, stacks, position, table image, player info... But about 70% of the time I'm flatting.
  • Mr. DontMr. Dont Red Chipper Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    Ive just watched this last nite. Art open TT, dan 3bet QQ BU, art 4bet small. I agree that small 4bet is better than flatt OOP which capped your range. Its small, but still 4bet, specially low stakes, it would put opponent in tough spot. I think they both played great.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the small 4 bet and quarter pot cbet with TT on 995?
  • NYI80283NYI80283 Red Chipper Posts: 60 ✭✭
    From the SB's pov - Love the small 4 bet against the buttons wide 3 betting range. We are likely ahead, lets not over-rep and push him out. Love the bitch bet on the flop, villain likely missed this board and this is a great way to induce a bluff from a good player. Small 4 bet plus normal to large sized flop bet screams overpair and we want to keep him in. Love the check to induce on the Turn, love call after the bet. I think if we check\shove we only get called when we are beat. Love the check to induce on the river. He is going to get the river shove he wants here a lot either with a bluff if the villain is still weak or with a strong made hand from the villain which pays us off. Very well played hand from the SB.

From the button's pov - Love the 3 bet with QQ, I think its routine. Vs. a small cold 4 bet I think raise call and fold all have good arguments. Small OOP cold 4 bet reps strong, if we believe him folding QQ pre might not be as terrible as it looks. If we dont believe him calling and under-repping our monster is best. I'd rather play in position with an unexpected strong hand then 5 bet which he'll just fold to, but its fairly close. I'd love to hear what he was thinking with the call. Was he concerned about AA-KK or was he trying to slowplay? I'm guessing he was slowplaying. OTF I think call and raise are close but I lean towards call. Lets keep our slowplay going and not force him out just yet. OTT I'm betting here and calling the shove, and I think he was too. Very close here on the river as to whether to shove or check behind. When villain takes a check call turn check river line I read that as bluff catcher. I'm not worried about 9x or 5x beating me. I'm worried about losing value against JJ or Tx. I'm worried about losing to KK or AA, I wouldn't fault him for either play.
  • AustinAustin Red Chipper Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you all think about clicking back the flop 25% cbet? For example if you flat AK and don't want to 5bet but you min raise bluff the flop with a plan on firing all turns. Puts TT-QQ in a tough spot right?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file