1/2 DEEP stack

Pat ZemanskiPat Zemanski Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited January 2018 in Live Poker Hands
This hand comes from a game that I play in regularly. Villain is hyper aggressive and will almost always continue to barrel once he has become the aggressor. My strategy has generally been to call him down in most situations where I have top pair or better. One table maniac just left after dumping 5K into the game. Villain is stuck for around 2k. I have been playing very tight and have been folding a bit more than I normally do just waiting to get paid off from initial table maniac.

5 Handed

Hero (2100 starting stack) opens from the button with :QS::Qc to 12.
Villain ( 1000 starting stack) calls from the big blind.

Flop comes :3c:9h:3h
Villain checks
Hero bets 20 dollars
Villain check raises to 85.
Hero calls.

Turn is the :Td
Villain bets 165
Hero calls

River is the :Ks
Villain bets 565
Hero??

Villain generally is going to barrel off once he decides to check raise the flop. I have seen him do this with complete air, missed draws and most everything in between. Thanks!

Comments

• Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    Ok... what hands dies villain raise flop with that smoke us OTF?
    33 or 99 4 combos
    KK-AA 12 combos
    A3s 2 combos
    34s 2 combos (possibly more if villain defends J3s type hands, 35, 36s +9 combos of 3's vs loose defender)
    20 combos

What raising hands are we beating OTF?
    TT-JJ 12 combos
    A9-97S 19 combos
    AQh AJh ATh A8h A7h A6h A5h A4h A2h 9 combos
    Maybe K-high FD KQh-K2h 9 combos
    BDSFD QJ-Q8h JT-J7h 87 86h 8 combos
    56 combos

On the turn what new hands beat us?
    Only TT -3 combos we beat

What can we eliminate OTT from the range of hands we assigned OTF?
    97 98 J9s-A9 -18 combos
    OTR what hands now don't bet the K that we were beating?
    JJ 6 combos
    AT QT JTh 3 combos

On the river: what value hands would he 3 barrell that beat us?
    AA-KK 9 combos
    TT 99 33 7 combo
    KTh QJh 2 combos
    (KQ KJh 2 combos)
    A3 34 4 combos
    22-24 value combos...
    Which value combos do we beat?
    T9s 2 combos

What bluffs does he still have that barrells turn and wiffed river and must bet?
    AQh Ajh A8-A4h 87 86 J8h J7h 11ish combos of FD SFD bluffs that didn't get there but is villain raising J7 J8 86h type hands on flop?

If not it's a clear fold as there are not enough bluffs in villains range here imo unless he puts you on hearts and you can credit him for turning a pair into a bluff like 44-88 orf 98 type hands...

What do you think villain thinks you have?

• NYI80283NYI80283 Red Chipper Posts: 60 ✭✭
    3 bet the flop. AP fold river.

He check raises a 393 board he assumes you missed it and will give up. Your bet-call flop call turn line represents a confused overpair, which is exactly what it is. When he pots the river he usually has made his hand and is looking for value. jq-kt-k9
  • Pat ZemanskiPat Zemanski Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Danny M wrote: »
    Ok... what hands dies villain raise flop with that smoke us OTF?
    33 or 99 4 combos
    KK-AA 12 combos
    A3s 2 combos
    34s 2 combos (possibly more if villain defends J3s type hands, 35, 36s +9 combos of 3's vs loose defender)
    20 combos

What raising hands are we beating OTF?
    TT-JJ 12 combos
    A9-97S 19 combos
    AQh AJh ATh A8h A7h A6h A5h A4h A2h 9 combos
    Maybe K-high FD KQh-K2h 9 combos
    BDSFD QJ-Q8h JT-J7h 87 86h 8 combos
    56 combos

On the turn what new hands beat us?
    Only TT -3 combos we beat

What can we eliminate OTT from the range of hands we assigned OTF?
    97 98 J9s-A9 -18 combos
    OTR what hands now don't bet the K that we were beating?
    JJ 6 combos
    AT QT JTh 3 combos

On the river: what value hands would he 3 barrell that beat us?
    AA-KK 9 combos
    TT 99 33 7 combo
    KTh QJh 2 combos
    (KQ KJh 2 combos)
    A3 34 4 combos
    22-24 value combos...
    Which value combos do we beat?
    T9s 2 combos

What bluffs does he still have that barrells turn and wiffed river and must bet?
    AQh Ajh A8-A4h 87 86 J8h J7h 11ish combos of FD SFD bluffs that didn't get there but is villain raising J7 J8 86h type hands on flop?

If not it's a clear fold as there are not enough bluffs in villains range here imo unless he puts you on hearts and you can credit him for turning a pair into a bluff like 44-88 orf 98 type hands...

What do you think villain thinks you have?

At this point in the night villain is quite inebriated and has previously barelled air and is three betting and 4-bet shoving with hands like 23 os. I think his range includes some illegitimate hands as well.

I think villain is putting me on a good 9, possibly a turned pair with two overs on the flop or an overpair. I think (now) he probably feels i don’t want to play for it all with a one pair hand and will fold.
  • sumoswimsumoswim Red Chipper Posts: 148 ✭✭
    I don't see a lot of Kx in his BB xr range. Yet, he can stab with Kts and some 9Ts which rep few combos.
    The K River polarize his range a lot.
    Between complete miss draw to nutted hands like two pairs or better.
    Given the vilain profile I can bluff catch here.
  • Danny MDanny M Red Chipper Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I'm always suspicious when a player barrells consecutive higher cards and/or paired boards on turn and riv i.e. barrell T44 flop, barrel J turn, barrel K river... It's the nuts or nothing... I think based on your read that villain is spewy with air that this becomes a call. When an aggro player fires a paired board 9high flop, fires a ten, and fires a king... well you're going to have to show us a 3, full house, or straight sometimes I guess, otherwise we win!
  • RoblivionRoblivion WisconsinRed Chipper Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    I think you call here. Sounds like the described villain is going to have a ton of total airballs here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file