PPPoker

RoblivionRoblivion WisconsinRed Chipper Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
Hey everyone.

What with the fun new world we're all living in, it's obviously challenging to get together with anyone for live poker. So I've been toying with the idea of using PPPoker to setup a virtual home game for myself and some friends.

I've never used the product myself, but was hoping maybe someone would have some hard-won lessons learned they'd like to pass on to help me make the first attempt go smoothly.

One thing I've noticed right off the bat is that when you create a table, it is required to take a rake. I'd be interested to know what people are doing to keep home games rake-free, or maybe use it as some sort of jackpot drop for the end of the night.

Let me know what tips you have, or if there is a better product I should be looking into

Thanks!

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,070 -
    Is a homegame on PokerStars off the table?
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • RoblivionRoblivion WisconsinRed Chipper Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    SplitSuit wrote: »

Stars would probably work. I'm new to attempting this, and Pppoker seems relatively favored from what I can tell. And it's nice that it can be used from a phone or PC. Would you recommend Stars?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,833 -
    Roblivion wrote: »

Stars would probably work. I'm new to attempting this, and Pppoker seems relatively favored from what I can tell. And it's nice that it can be used from a phone or PC. Would you recommend Stars?

I think the tacit point was that we're using Stars for RCP home games which you're most welcome to join.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,070 -

I didn't realize the ability to play via mobile was important =) I don't know anything about setting up games via PPP unfortunately.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can contact @porter who basically runs my ppp game for tips and tricks, as well as getting in the mix with us if you like. There is no dodging the rake but you can simply control and minimize it.
  • Kungfauxn00bKungfauxn00b Red Chipper Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited May 6
    Hey everyone.

What with the fun new world we're all living in, it's obviously challenging to get together with anyone for live poker. So I've been toying with the idea of using PPPoker to setup a virtual home game for myself and some friends.

I've never used the product myself, but was hoping maybe someone would have some hard-won lessons learned they'd like to pass on to help me make the first attempt go smoothly.

One thing I've noticed right off the bat is that when you create a table, it is required to take a rake. I'd be interested to know what people are doing to keep home games rake-free, or maybe use it as some sort of jackpot drop for the end of the night.

Let me know what tips you have, or if there is a better product I should be looking into

Thanks!

We've been using PPPoker for a couple months now and it's great. I've setup a Monzo account to collect cash. Once I get a deposit, I send the chips out. Money/chips can always be reconciled. It's worked really well for our home game. There's very little it doesn't do for us. There's a max 30 second clock on all decisions, which we wouldn't have live, but that's OK.

Only thing I wish you could do is set the rake yourself. While I understand it's an app for running a club to make money, for home games, you should have the option of turning it off. The lowest it can go is 1%, capped at 1BB. For SNGs it's 10% fee. It's not too bad though as we just decide what to do with the rake; new set of cards, beers, etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file