Deep Stack QQ vs 65s

JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 500 ✭✭✭
Observed this hand in a deep stack online game last night, and thought it was worth sharing:

8-Handed 0.10/0.20 NLH Online
Players of interest:
MP: :Qs:Qd

LJ: :6h:5h

$80 effective stacks (400 BB) between members of interest

Preflop:
UTG fold
MP open to 0.60
LJ raise to 2.00
HJ fold
CO fold
BU fold
SB fold
BB call 1.80
MP call 1.40
Pot 6.10 (SPR ~13)

Flop: :9d:4h:8d
BB check
MP check
LJ check

Turn: :Qh
BB check
MP bet 2.65
LJ raise to 6.70
BB fold
MP raise to 17.70
LJ call 11.00
Pot: 41.50 (SPR ~1.5)

River: :2h
MP check
LJ bet 60.30 (effective)
MP call 60.30

Comments

• BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 87 ✭✭
    I was part of the hand so I will wait to jump in after other comments.
  • caroriquelmecaroriquelme Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    I don't know if 65s are in the 3bet range of LJ after MP opens. But beside that I think is necessary to put both in ranges.
    OTT which hand is LJ raising with? TPTK? KK-AA? FD?. If he has AA, KK, QQ I think he would cbet the flop.
    After MP reraise and LJ called, which hands are calling here? Maybe TPTK and FD, but also depends of the opponents tendencies.
    OTR after that big overbet I think is telling me that he has a flush, but again depends of the opponent. Is he likely to over bet the river with this board?
    These are some questions that I think when I see this hand.
    Maybe I'm wrong jajaja
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,535 -
    All looks pretty sensible to me. 400bb deep 65s can fit in a 3b range.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • wittmaanwittmaan Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
    At the time LJ 3-bet he wants to take off hands like AT, maybe AJo, JT, some small pairs. Most of players would 4-bet AA, KK. So, when they call can be some good pair, AQ, AJ, QJs,KQ.

LJ took a risk to convince that he had some good hand, so I think LJ need to keeping telling the same story on the flop and bet. A large bet could take off hands like Brodways, AJ, AQ. If MP call we know its a good pair or a flush draw or even a JTs that que called the 3 bet pre flop.

I think MP should bet the flop as well, cause he can be against a AK that can hit, or pairs like JJ that will continue.

I didnt get the LJ raise on the turn. Is it a semi bluff to make which hands to fold? Flush draw, TT or JJ?
    I would just call de 2.65 bet cause I have odds (+implied odds) to try my flush, but the moment MP re-raises the value is taking off my good odds to hit a flush.

MP loosing chips was on his destiny jajaja... We gotta be a very responsible player to fold trips on this board...

• JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 500 ✭✭✭
    Wow, this one was from a while ago.

On the turn, raising with 65s is absolutely a semi-bluff with 12 outs to improve on a hand which otherwise effectively is playing the board if it misses...

When MP 3-bets the turn, MP is clearly representing a set (or a straight with TJ) so probably could have 3-bet for more here.

What impressed me with the hand was LJ shoving with a hand that I did not think would be called by less. I think if I shoved this spot, I would not have been able to get anyone without the nuts to fold. But in fact did get called by a weaker hand.

I believe the LJ in this hand later mentioned that he had been fighting the other player for pots the whole night, and because of that thought he could get his opponent to call here with exactly what she represented on the turn. And it worked...

Paging @BFSkinner !
  • BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 87 ✭✭
    Wow, I forgot about this hand.

Based on the action, I interpreted the river check to not be a trap and that my hand was good.

Put yourself in MP's spot. If you bet/3-bet with a heart draw and hit your hand, why would you check the river? Unless you had a sick read on your opponent, you would bet for value.

As MP showed a lot of strength on the turn, I put her on a set or 2P and felt I would get paid off enough to justify the large bet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file