CORE 2.0 Is Here! Got Any Feedback?

TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
edited August 6 in CORE
Hello Everyone:

I'll keep this brief since we're all racing around checking things at the moment, but we are excited to announce that CORE 2.0 is being rolled out today.

A full description of new content, features, and philosophy will be posted either here or as an article. I'll update this thread when it's dropped.

We would really like to know what you think of the changes to help us fine-tune the product going forward. Specifically, we've reorganized L3, added an L4 and redesigned your CORE dashboard. We will also be adding a direct feedback sidebar to improve communication between subscribers and content creators.

And for those of you who wanted to see solutions to the L1/2 quiz questions. They're all there.

So what do you think? Please let us know here, or feel free to DM me.

Thanks ~ Kat
Moderation In Moderation
Tagged:

Comments

• KeyserS023KeyserS023 Red Chipper Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Awesome! I've decided I want to come back and restart CORE from the beginning; is it possible to erase my past progress, or will I just need to remember where I am?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    KeyserS023 wrote: »
    Awesome! I've decided I want to come back and restart CORE from the beginning; is it possible to erase my past progress, or will I just need to remember where I am?

The default is, if you rejoin your previous progress is recorded, although it might not be 100% perfect given the extent to the changes to some lessons. If you'd like your progress completely purged, I assume that's possible - I'd have to poke around. Feel free to DM me, we can work out how to proceed.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • DougBDougB Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited May 18
    Might take a little bit of a system re-haul but the ability to mark videos as a favorite for later review would be a nice feature. Alternately, I could just write it down in my poker journal so not a big deal either way.
    When watching videos on mobile, I can't seem to play them at any speed other than 1x. It would be great to be able to have speed controls there, too.
  • GetJobDoneGetJobDone Red Chipper Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Nice! Are you guys still rolling out the new starting ranges?
  • messi367messi367 Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Is it worth my time to go back and look at the updates for the original lessons? Or if I think I have those lessons down can I just ignore the updates?
    messi367 wrote: »
    Is it worth my time to go back and look at the updates for the original lessons? Or if I think I have those lessons down can I just ignore the updates?

If you're confident you absorbed the material, I don't think any lessons have been so altered that I'd recommend looking at them again. I think the big change you may find useful is that all the exams now have model solutions, plus I dropped in a few exercises/missions related to the questions.
    Moderation In Moderation
    GetJobDone wrote: »
    Nice! Are you guys still rolling out the new starting ranges?

Yup, the raise-first-in ranges are available and full ranges facing any action will be out shortly.
    Moderation In Moderation
    DougB wrote: »
    Might take a little bit of a system re-haul but the ability to mark videos as a favorite for later review would be a nice feature. Alternately, I could just write it down in my poker journal so not a big deal either way.

Sounds doable, noted.
    Moderation In Moderation
    When watching videos on mobile, I can't seem to play them at any speed other than 1x. It would be great to be able to have speed controls there, too.

I wasn't actually aware there was a difference between desktop and mobile in that functionality. I'll look into it, thx.
    Moderation In Moderation
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    I wasn't actually aware there was a difference between desktop and mobile in that functionality. I'll look into it, thx.

I was able to change the speed on a video today, so I don't know if you fixed it or if it was only a problem with some of the videos.

TheGameKat wrote: »

I was able to change the speed on a video today, so I don't know if you fixed it or if it was only a problem with some of the videos.

Neither do I. I'll let the tech people know.
    Moderation In Moderation
    Two of the hands in level 3 seem to be teaching almost exactly the same thing (unless I'm missing an important distinction between the two):
    https://redchippoker.com/topic/qq-facing-turn-probe-river-barrel/
    https://redchippoker.com/topic/k9-bluff-catching-vs-river-probe-bets/
    Two of the hands in level 3 seem to be teaching almost exactly the same thing (unless I'm missing an important distinction between the two):
    https://redchippoker.com/topic/qq-facing-turn-probe-river-barrel/
    https://redchippoker.com/topic/k9-bluff-catching-vs-river-probe-bets/

Oh that's more than likely. I think one of the themes in going from L1/2 (in which everything was broken into pieces) to L3, is that it emphasizes that multiple poker concepts are, by necessity, incorporated into most real hands. As a result, some of those concepts appear multiple times in L3.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • jjrjonesumjjrjonesum Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Were any of the original videos in The CORE changed for The CORE 2?
    edited May 30
    jjrjonesum wrote: »
    Were any of the original videos in The CORE changed for The CORE 2?

There were a handful of minor video edits in L1 and L2, but the bigger changes involved the addition of the new videos such as the MTT course, a rewriting of many of the lessons to clarify what subscribers found confusing in the first iteration, and the written solutions to all the quiz questions.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • AkashicAkashic Red Chipper Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Are there videos dedicated to chunking (setting up a bet size for a shove at some point)? I was watching some of @RCP Coach - Fausto Valdez content and realized that I didn't recall going over that specific material in other videos.

If I've overlooked it, could you kindly point me in the right direction. Otherwise, might be a good addition into core
    edited June 2
    Akashic wrote: »
    Are there videos dedicated to chunking (setting up a bet size for a shove at some point)? I was watching some of @RCP Coach - Fausto Valdez content and realized that I didn't recall going over that specific material in other videos.

If I've overlooked it, could you kindly point me in the right direction. Otherwise, might be a good addition into core

Honestly I'd recommend sitting down with a pad and paper and trying it yourself. I have a specific reason for this suggestion. What I've found with these heuristics that people use for bet sizing and estimating implied odds and similar, is that only 1 in 5 people understand any given method.

So start with the SPR. For each SPR there are various ways of sizing 3 streets of bets that leave the river a natural jam. Although, even that statement is a bit fuzzy. Is full pot on the end "natural"? Should it be half pot.

There is an algebraic expression for doing this, which you can likely derive, but understand too that there are other factors for choosing a particular bet size beyond simply figuring out the 3-street all-in line.

That said, the pot geometry discussion in this video will help:

Moderation In Moderation
    The text introduction to this video says that it will be going over open raise sizing throughout the tournament, but that's very little of what's actually in the video: https://redchippoker.com/topic/open-raise-sizing/.
    Thx I'll review.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • RandonRiversRandonRivers BlackburnRed Chipper Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Been playing for years and always been a winning player. More slight winner recently. I have been trying to find decent training material for ages and all the other sites videos apply to much higher stakes. So a massive well done I can now start to study the game from the ground up again and hopefully go back to my old ways of moving up stakes and crushing.
    Well done. Only done Level 1 so far but so far it's been perfect
    Appreciate the kind words, thanks.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • cmanganocmangano Red Chipper Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Loving it so far! I am already through level 1 (math & betting) and I have learned a ton already. Thank you!
    cmangano wrote: »
    Loving it so far! I am already through level 1 (math & betting) and I have learned a ton already. Thank you!

Great to hear, thanks.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file