MTT HUD Stats

FlavorTownFlavorTown Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
I'm looking for feedback about what HUD stats players are using in MTTs. I see some players who use minimal stats, maybe 4 or 5, and then others who have a complete wall of stats.

I think I'd prefer a simpler style HUD with pop-ups for the more in depth stats. Some of my games are also anonymous. I've been told that stats that need a smaller sample size are better for those games, but what are those stats? Just VPIP and PFR?

These aren't all the stats I'm using at the moment, but I'm kind of thinking something like this: PFR/VPIP/3bet/Fold to 3bet/Hands/# of BB's

I do find the notes tab where PT4 auto takes notes to be somewhat useful as well.

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,535 -
    HUD stats for MTTs are tricky to begin with, simply because they fail most spectacularly against your strongest opponents. The fundamental problem is that a good player will be constantly changing their intrinsic stats with tournament situation. So, for example, suppose you amass stats on someone primarily when stack depth is in the resteal zone. If they're any good, their 3b% is going to look insane, simply because you've seen them at that tournament stage.

The stats you suggest for a stripped down HUD seem like a reasonable ensemble.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    HUD stats for MTTs are tricky to begin with, simply because they fail most spectacularly against your strongest opponents. The fundamental problem is that a good player will be constantly changing their intrinsic stats with tournament situation. So, for example, suppose you amass stats on someone primarily when stack depth is in the resteal zone. If they're any good, their 3b% is going to look insane, simply because you've seen them at that tournament stage.

I agree with generally simple HUD for low sample size environments.

FYI - if you are MTT grinder on other sites you can set filters in HM2 to show stats for different stack sizes which at least partially avoids the problems you mentioned.
  • FlavorTownFlavorTown Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    kenaces wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »

I agree with generally simple HUD for low sample size environments.

FYI - if you are MTT grinder on other sites you can set filters in HM2 to show stats for different stack sizes which at least partially avoids the problems you mentioned.

Interesting, I didn't know you could filter stats based on stack size. I will definitely look into that. I use PT4 I can't imagine it's much different than HM. I generally don't pay a TON of attention to my HUD besides VPIP/PFR, so I'm glad to see that I have some agreement in regards to a simpler approach. Thanks for your replies.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file