PokerStars - ₹50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

UTG: 41.35 BB
Hero (MP): 100 BB
CO: 76.58 BB
BTN: 103.61 BB
SB: 108.17 BB
BB: 183.9 BB
Additional info: UTG has a high VPIP (49)...has been generally been a bit of a calling station
SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 2d Ad
UTG calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold, UTG calls 2 BB

Flop : (10 BB, 3 players) Jd 8c 8s
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets 6.43 BB, SB calls 6.43 BB, fold

Turn : (22.87 BB, 2 players) 4s
SB checks, Hero bets 12 BB, SB calls 12 BB

River : (46.87 BB, 2 players) Qh
SB checks, Hero checks

SB shows Js 7c (Two Pair, Jacks and Eights)
(Pre 40%, Flop 84%, Turn 93%)

Hero mucks 2d Ad (One Pair, Eights)
(Pre 61%, Flop 16%, Turn 7%)

SB wins 45.23 BB

Query: Is this hand a good candidate for triple barrel bluff? I felt that villain has been a bit of calling station and the bluff may not work hence gave it up on the river. A big bet say pot size might have been able to take villian off the hand. Please share your views?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,512 -
    Against a calling station I think you just shut down on the turn.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • EurocratEurocrat Red Chipper Posts: 72 ✭✭
    I agree. The question is not whether this hand is appropriate for a third barrel bluff, but rather if villain is appropriate for a third barrel bluff. And the answer to that question is no. For this kind of villain, I'm confident no betsize would have been big enough to convince him to fold his TP.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭✭
    Pre-flop is pretty thin given your position on the table, and I would just fold.

2/3 pot CB into 3 players(one of whom is a station) is a mistake.

The double-barrel is also a mistake for several reasons. When SB XCs flop a big % of his range is Jx/8x and those hands are never folding to 1/2 turn bet. Also your equity when called sucks. If you feel the need to have DB bluff range at least have As2s for BDNFD NOT some random air bluff.

• JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 498 ✭✭✭
    Is the SB or the UTG the calling station?
    After a player has limped, if you are going to play (especially with a speculative hand), please raise for more than 3x, or you give everyone easy odds to call.
    If you have an opponent pegged as a calling station, there are better ways to win than bluffing.
    And if you have your opponent pegged as tight or solid, i don't think triple barrel bluffing into a paired board is a good idea either.
  • BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 76 ✭✭
    You likely bet too much on the flop given your read that V is a calling station. Half pot will get it done here.

Edit: Did not see that this hand is multiway. Why did you c-bet at all? Even pocket 3's has good equity against you at this point.

If he is the station you believe he is, why bluff at all? Why not just switch your betting hands to strong value and milk his need to call down with TPWK.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file