3 Table SNG A8o in SB multiway

DinnertimeDinnertime Red Chipper Posts: 33 ✭✭
http://ezreplayer.com/hh/ez_replayer.php?id=nim-1006

What would you guys have done here? The only thing I would have changed here is raising pre-flop.

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,664 -
    Prefer folding to raising preflop. You're playing against people who are completely clueless. Play ultra tight until the blinds matter.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • DinnertimeDinnertime Red Chipper Posts: 33 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Prefer folding to raising preflop. You're playing against people who are completely clueless. Play ultra tight until the blinds matter.

When would you say the blinds matter?
  • wescrowescro Red Chipper Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Dinnertime wrote: »
    [When would you say the blinds matter?

It can vary depending upon the speed of the tourney (standard, turbo, etc) and the relative skill of the population. In a multi-table SNG like this, I would wait until the average chip stack is around 25-30 BB or my stack falls under 25 BB.

As played, I don't mind your call pre-flop. That hand isn't a good squeeze candidate, especially when your fold equity is very low. And folding is way too nitty getting such a good price.

For post-flop, I would've shoved after the raise from the button player on the flop.
    TheGameKat wrote: »

When would you say the blinds matter?

If stealing them adds 10% to your stack they definitely matter. 5% and I'm getting interested.
    Moderation In Moderation
    wescro wrote: »
    [When would you say the blinds matter?

It can vary depending upon the speed of the tourney (standard, turbo, etc) and the relative skill of the population. In a multi-table SNG like this, I would wait until the average chip stack is around 25-30 BB or my stack falls under 25 BB.

As played, I don't mind your call pre-flop. That hand isn't a good squeeze candidate, especially when your fold equity is very low. And folding is way too nitty getting such a good price.

For post-flop, I would've shoved after the raise from the button player on the flop.

In a SNG I think you have to try really hard to do anything that is too nitty.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file