3 Table SNG A8o in SB multiway

DinnertimeDinnertime Red Chipper Posts: 33 ✭✭
http://ezreplayer.com/hh/ez_replayer.php?id=nim-1006

What would you guys have done here? The only thing I would have changed here is raising pre-flop.

Comments

  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,664 -
    Prefer folding to raising preflop. You're playing against people who are completely clueless. Play ultra tight until the blinds matter.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • DinnertimeDinnertime Red Chipper Posts: 33 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Prefer folding to raising preflop. You're playing against people who are completely clueless. Play ultra tight until the blinds matter.

    When would you say the blinds matter?
  • wescrowescro Red Chipper Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Dinnertime wrote: »
    [When would you say the blinds matter?

    It can vary depending upon the speed of the tourney (standard, turbo, etc) and the relative skill of the population. In a multi-table SNG like this, I would wait until the average chip stack is around 25-30 BB or my stack falls under 25 BB.

    As played, I don't mind your call pre-flop. That hand isn't a good squeeze candidate, especially when your fold equity is very low. And folding is way too nitty getting such a good price.

    For post-flop, I would've shoved after the raise from the button player on the flop.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,664 -
    Dinnertime wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Prefer folding to raising preflop. You're playing against people who are completely clueless. Play ultra tight until the blinds matter.

    When would you say the blinds matter?

    If stealing them adds 10% to your stack they definitely matter. 5% and I'm getting interested.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,664 -
    wescro wrote: »
    Dinnertime wrote: »
    [When would you say the blinds matter?

    It can vary depending upon the speed of the tourney (standard, turbo, etc) and the relative skill of the population. In a multi-table SNG like this, I would wait until the average chip stack is around 25-30 BB or my stack falls under 25 BB.

    As played, I don't mind your call pre-flop. That hand isn't a good squeeze candidate, especially when your fold equity is very low. And folding is way too nitty getting such a good price.

    For post-flop, I would've shoved after the raise from the button player on the flop.

    In a SNG I think you have to try really hard to do anything that is too nitty.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file