SB - SB ($5.00)
BB - BB ($5.79)
UTG+1 - UTG+1 ($1.32)
MP - MP ($1.82)
MP2 - MP2 ($8.66)
CO - Hero ($9.30)
BB - BB ($7.52)

Preflop: ($0.13, 8 players) Hero is CO with Ah Kc
3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB calls $0.15, BTN raises to $0.70, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, BB calls $0.50

There's more dead money in the middle so I 4X open,
I get 3 bet by the btn, I have 600+ hands with this player and I know he has a 3% 3 bet so I just call. player behind calls too

Flop: 9s As 6c ($2.94, 3 players - BTN: $5.71, Hero: $8.60, BB: $6.76)
Hero checks, BB checks, BTN checks

I flop top pair, but check to the PFR, He checks back ( it looks like he has KK/QQ/JJ, or top set)

Turn: 3d ($2.94, 3 players - BTN: $5.71, Hero: $8.60, BB: $6.76)
Hero bets $1.35, BB calls $1.35, 1 fold

I bet 2/3 pot, one call behind me and the original PFR folds.

River: 7h ($6.99, 2 players - Hero: $7.25, BB: $5.41)
Hero bets $7.25 (all-in), BB calls $5.45 (all-in), Uncalled bet of $1.80 returned to Hero

The river looks clean to me, I think about checking and letting spades bluff. But the villian has stats of VPIP -15 PFR of 11
so I think he has alot of AJ/AQ /A10 he also has a low arggo number making me think he won't take a shot at a bluff.

SO I then think I can represent missed spades and go for the small over shove,

I shove he calls with a set of sixes :(

Was I wrong to go for the big bet ???
If I check call, I lose less but I think I could be losing value in the long run ???

any help lads??? thanks

Total Pot: $23.34
Hero shows Ah Kc (a pair of Aces)
BB shows 6h 6s (three of a kind, Sixes)

BB wins $15.13
Tagged:

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭✭
    There are strong discrepancies in your HH...
  • IrishboxmanIrishboxman Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    What are they ? I thought I wrote the hand out well.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭✭
    So the first one, which almost gives me a migraine every time I read it, is:
    Preflop: ($0.13, 8 players) Hero is CO with Ah Kc
    3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB calls $0.15, BTN raises to $0.70, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, BB calls $0.50
    So:
    - it's fold to CO (so UTG+1, MP and MP2 fold).
    - CO opens
    - BB calls
    - BU 3bet (what? BU plays after BB?)
    - 2 folds (who? wasn't it only CO, BU and BB at this point?)
    - CO calls
    - BB calls

Gosh I've really no idea who plays what. I tried to see if there were a typo somewhere, but nothing makes sens to me. Argl !

This is only one of them. Even before that, your description of players' stacks see BB having 2 seats:
    Stacks:
    BTN - BTN ($6.41)
    SB - SB ($5.00)
    BB - BB ($5.79)
    UTG+1 - UTG+1 ($1.32)
    MP - MP ($1.82)
    MP2 - MP2 ($8.66)
    CO - Hero ($9.30)
    BB - BB ($7.52)

I don't even understand how you can miss presenting this HH considering you use a HUD (pokercopilot.com). Can't you just copy-past the HH from your HUD and then add your comments, adjust the presentation, etc?
  • EurocratEurocrat Red Chipper Posts: 73 ✭✭
    I believe that the villain "BB" is someone who posted the BB after joining the table and not willing to wait until its his turn to be the real BB? Indeed, it's quite confusing.

If my assumption is correct, you should take it as an indication that he is likely a weaker player. (why would you want to post the BB more often than necessary?)

I dont mind your line up until the river. On the river, what does villain have? Certainly some sets (although I would expect them to raise at least some of the time on the turn; but I think both 99 and 33 are possible), some FDs and some OESDs, and indeed a couple of Ax, including of which some are 2P by the river. It all boils down to the question whether he would call your shove with those Ax combos that are only TP at this point.

Knowing that villain is likely a weaker player, that is possible, but I think even a weaker player would be able to fold some AT, A9, which greatly reduces your value targets. So I think a much smaller sizing or a x/c line would be better here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file