win rate

ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 114 ✭✭
I was just curious when it comes to online what is considered a good win rate. I saw somewhere that 6-8/100 BB is considered good but I'm just trying to get a sense of it. I looked at the win rate of some of the better players in my hud and they were much higher but I'm not sure how many hands is a useful sample. I also know that win rate is a fluid thing because of variance etc. but would be interested in hearing perspectives on this.

Comments

• blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 302 ✭✭
    I'm more focused on improving my win rate, not the win rates of others.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭
    It is very fluid and requires a large number of hands to be meaningful. It is more common to look at bb/100 NOT BB/100.

It also depends on sites/stakes. 10bb/100 is doable for small stakes on US-facing sites for a strong player but 2-3bb/100 on Pokerstars 500z+ is even more impressive.
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 114 ✭✭
    blindraise wrote: »
    I'm more focused on improving my win rate, not the win rates of others.

I was only looking at theirs for comparison.
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,069 -
    kenaces wrote: »
    It also depends on sites/stakes. 10bb/100 is doable for small stakes on US-facing sites for a strong player but 2-3bb/100 on Pokerstars 500z+ is even more impressive.

Yup. It's very common to see winrate potential quickly lower around 100NL or 200NL, but at that point you should be looking at $/hour instead of just bb/100 imo.

You need a big sample size to have even decent winrate data on a player (like, 40K+ hands of just them), so don't put too much stock into the winrates of players you have limited info on.
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file