AA in SB where was my mistake if I made one?

NTD12NTD12 Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
edited June 5 in Online Poker Hands
Global poker - 10NL
3 players
EP - 10
Cutoff 40
Hero(SB) 31

Preflop
EP limps
Cutoff raises to .40
Hero(SB) 3 bet to 1.6 with :As:Ah
BB fold
EP fold
Cutoff call

Flop(3.4)
:Qc:8c:Kh

Hero bets 2 to charge any flush draws and maybe straight draws and maybe extract value from any Qx or Kx hands. KQs is a concern but only 2 combos of that. KQo maybe but not sure if V would call a 3 bet from SB. 88 also but I think I would hear about that with a raise.
V calls.

Turn(7.4) :Qd

I played this hand yesterday and have been thinking about it and now I remember thinking if this player has a Q I will hear about it and I bet 6 not wanting to give a free card to any flush draws, especially since I unblock the NFD. Typing this out maybe this was a mistake?
V calls

River(19.4) :5d

I have roughly a pot sized bet left (21) I shoved trying to get max value from a Kx hand....now that I type this out...definitely a mistake I think?

Please advise....I have a feeling I made a lot more mistakes than what I am pointing out...starting with preflop sizing?

Thanks all

Been a while since I posted a HH

Here is a link but only watch if you want to know the result.

https://play.globalpoker.com/gp/10/hand/5edabb422c9f1e00017706e3

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    If your concern on the turn is "charging" draws, you don't need to bet nearly full pot. But I don't think your sizing should be primarily based on possible draws anyway.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 114 ✭✭
    The challenge with this hand is we don't know much about v so it's difficult to put him on a range. I would guess a pretty wide range. This flop hits your range pretty hard as a 3 bettor. I like you flop bet as their a lot of worse hands that might call. The turn gets slightly more difficult as any Qx hands now dominate you but there are other hands that you beat that still might call. I would prefer a 1/2 pot bet here. If you get raised you can call or fold depending on your read. There's no point in shoving on the river as the only hands that are likely to call beat you. You can either check or put in a small value bet. If V shoves there are few hands you beat. Only bluffs and AK. Most players wouldn't shove with KJ or K10.
  • NTD12NTD12 Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Good points, thanks guys
  • EurocratEurocrat Red Chipper Posts: 73 ✭✭
    I think considering the stack depth, you can go bigger preflop, something like 5x. With effective stacks of 300 bb, villain can basically call your 3bet with any 2 profitable.

The river shove is definitely a mistake unless you have a very specific read - otherwise I dount that they will create a 600bb pot with a onepair hand.
  • BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 120 ✭✭
    A helpful exercise from Alex Fitzgerald's second book is to name the hands that you beat that will call your river bet. Does a king ever call here for 200 bb?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file