which is the best poker training site for beginner

jazsuujazsuu Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
so i have been playing poker now for a little while, 0,1/0,2 cash games and and I have been starting to like poker so I’d like to learn more.
so what is the best training site for beginner, and I will take other tips on poker / learning poker
Tagged:

Answers

• MnpokerMnpoker Red Chipper Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Core, on red chip is a great product to start with and a very reasonable price
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 5,112 -
    My guess is if you ask this question on the forum or social media platform of any of the major training sites, the response for the best training site will correspond to the badging of the page you're on ;)
    Moderation In Moderation
  • KossKoss Red Chipper Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    By and large you get what you pay for. In order:

Free Stuff: Some sites give out some stuff like preflop ranges. There are articles out there that cover various topics. Forums still exist and have a lot of strategy discussion. The 2+2 forums did a decent job of trying to archive good posts. It's a bit of a hodgepodge of varying quality, but there's definitely some good stuff out there that can be gleaned. There's plenty on Youtube as well.

Books: The next level up. Buy a book, own it for life. The content is only up to date as the time it was written. But I imagine most books that cover NLHE are going to be helpful enough to beat softer micro stakes games and low stakes live games. This is how I started back in the day. Quality and applicability to your game may vary, so read reviews on what you're buying first.

Premium training sites like Red Chip and others. Red Chip is nice and affordable at $5/week for CORE. Others can run up over $100/mo. There's no need to pay that much if you are only playing 2NL and learning. Core will get you into bigger games sooner, and may pay for itself if you stick with it. Most serious players I know subscribe to at least one site. It's hard to really compare various sites because spending the time and money to subscribe to multiple sites and consume their content would be challenging. They often cover many topics, have a structured course, and get updated as games and poker knowledge base improve.

1-on-1 coaching: Many players swear by this. Prices tend to run in the $50 to $100/hr. range. I haven't gone down this road yet, but I'm definitely curious. The advantage here is the content is tailored to what you need now.
  • thedarksodathedarksoda Red Chipper Posts: 18 ✭✭
    I'd go with Core 2.0 from Red Chip Poker. It covers the fundamentals and at $5 a week, it's well worth it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file