Are you calling the shove?

rickmfrickmf Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
TT on a fairly wet board. Are you calling the jam here? Not a lot of hands on villian but he was shaping up to be quite passive.

iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 127.3 BB (VPIP: 21.91, PFR: 17.42, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 179)
MP: 95 BB (VPIP: 32.61, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 48)
CO: 399.2 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 13.16, 3Bet Preflop: 2.20, Hands: 193)
Hero (BTN): 100 BB
SB: 152.2 BB (VPIP: 28.02, PFR: 22.60, 3Bet Preflop: 9.22, Hands: 5,608)
BB: 30 BB (VPIP: 10.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 21)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:diamond: T:club:

fold, MP calls 1 BB, CO calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 6 BB, fold, fold, MP calls 5 BB, CO calls 5 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 3 players) 3:spade: J:spade: 9:diamond:
MP bets 5 BB, fold, Hero calls 5 BB

Turn: (29.5 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
MP bets 84 BB
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,269 -
    Likely passive player overbet-shoves turn. Think you answered your question.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭
    A ultra passive villain (0 PFR ! Even over 48 hands this is an important info), in which world does he lead with anything else than TP ?
    This would but be a different thinking if it was CO leading.

Also because of TT, you're blocking draws (T8, QT) and JT, which you could see play more passively later and eventually (big conditional) fold. Only FD or combo draws (mostly with :TD: and or :JD: ) could make sens IMHO - still someone so passive is not someone I see leading with a draw (and I don't think he understand correctly the equity of such hands).

Let say you're doubtful nonetheless. You don't want to scare him away and only call flop. In which world does he bet almost 3x the pot on turn with a combo TT beats? "Don't pay them off!" shall be your guideline here.
  • rickmfrickmf Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
    He was actually quite active post flop. I'll dig up the rest of the stats later and post them if anyone is actually interested.
  • Paul_KPaul_K DFWRed Chipper Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    rickmf wrote: »
    He was actually quite active post flop. I'll dig up the rest of the stats later and post them if anyone is actually interested.

He's pretty active pre flop also. If you're seeing him to be routinely aggro post, then I would guess he's experimenting at the micros.
  • adamzerneradamzerner Las VegasRed Chipper Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Weird hand! I always have a hard time reading into abnormal bet sizes. The flop bet looks like a weak top pair to me, but I wouldn't completely disregard other possibilities. Villain could also be getting weird with a nut hand, or throwing out a blocker bet with a drawing hand or a weaker showdown value hand.

The turn shove I feel more confident about reading in to. At lower limit games like NL10, such a strong play usually means the nuts. Yes, it'd be a weird way to play the nuts, but I think that it is less likely that they are pulling off some massive bluff.
  • MattPMattP Red Chipper Posts: 98 ✭✭
    Fold. Don't pay people off. Maybe it's an audacious bluff, or a semi-bluff flush draw, but also likely it's a scared Jack or two-pair hand (or better). Feels like a hero call if you make it, and you have very little chance to improve.
  • pocket22duecespocket22dueces Red Chipper Posts: 9 ✭✭
    MattP wrote: »
    Fold. Don't pay people off. Maybe it's an audacious bluff, or a semi-bluff flush draw, but also likely it's a scared Jack or two-pair hand (or better). Feels like a hero call if you make it, and you have very little chance to improve.

I can't agree more. You shouldn't pay off, it simply aint worth it with your holding
  • AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    Just call with JJ+, you dont have to make those calls...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file