YouTube Poker Content

TheGrindersCookbookTheGrindersCookbook Merrimack, NHRed Chipper Posts: 68 ✭✭
Hey Fellow Red Chippers -

Was thinking about starting a YouTube channel and wanted some input from you guys about a concept I have been thinking about. All feedback is welcome, praise it, critique it, cut it down, insult it, whatever is fine as long as I can get some valuable insight.

I have noticed that there is basically 9000 Youtube channels that focus on hand history reviews or online sessions. The model is simple, replicable, and for the most part, could use some spicing up. One of the things I noticed, is that there is a market out there for healthy eating and fitness within the poker world. I think there is a niche market for this type of content, and my idea was to start a channel that focused on my poker life tied in with the fitness/eating around the sport. Poker is a game that requires a lot of sitting, and some people just aren't into the health aspect of it. One of my great Red Chip pals, who shall remain nameless because I haven't texted him today about this post, loves the healthy lifestyle and I completely agree. I think there is something to be said about clean eating, exercising, and bringing that mental aspect to the table.

My channel would focus on 10-15 min of hand reviews, followed by a healthy recipe that I will walk players through in my kitchen. If I can even help a few players out there struggling with finding healthier options while keeping it interesting and focused around Hold Em, I would get great satisfaction from that. That - and I think a channel would be really cool. Obviously, all content would be free, and just pure fun. What do you guys think?

Comments

• blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 192 ✭✭
    I like it. Food is good. Poker is good. Sall good!
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    "Just get coolered? Well today on the vlog we're going to make a French onion soup that will hopefully warm Jordan up after his flopped boat gets runner runnered in a $1.4K pot."

As someone who also is very into cooking/healthy-delicious food AND poker, I would definitely watch this.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,270 -
    Here in Vegas a lot of the regs are single young men, and it amazes me how few of them know how to cook at all. I'm not personally into health and fitness, but cooking decent food at home is both economical and enjoyable. I think you can really entry-level this if you wanted to and be doing a real service.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • BigFarmBigFarm MontrealRed Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Could definitely be interesting but what does it really have to do with poker then?
  • rickmfrickmf Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
    folding omelettes 101
  • JDWPokerJDWPoker Simi Valley, CA.Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I would totally check it out! I've been working on making better choices in my eating habits for about 3 months and combined with some light and not terribly time consuming exercise am seeing better results on the felt too! It could be coincidence, but I choose to believe it's related. Please, keep us updated!
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    BigFarm wrote: »
    Could definitely be interesting but what does it really have to do with poker then?

I find what I eat during the day before I play has a huge impact on how I play at the table. Light, clean, easily digestible food allows the brain to expend less energy elsewhere.
  • BigFarmBigFarm MontrealRed Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
    I find what I eat during the day before I play has a huge impact on how I play at the table. Light, clean, easily digestible food allows the brain to expend less energy elsewhere.

I get that but the same could be said for a construction worker, an accountant, or a comedian, no?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,270 -
    BigFarm wrote: »

I get that but the same could be said for a construction worker, an accountant, or a comedian, no?

Sounds like the appeal of the channel is broader than originally anticipated!
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file