Effective Stack Size: $3.94

Hero is UTG with :AC: :TH:
Hero raises to $.12. SB calls.

Pot: $.28
Flop: :6D: :KC: :QD:
SB checks. Hero bets $.16. SB calls.

Pot: $.60
Turn: :9H:
SB checks. Hero bets $.28. SB raises to $.72. Hero folds.

Based on my construction of Villain's range and seeing how it hits the board using Equilab, I feel pretty confident with my flop c-bet since if Villain were to continue with non-backdoor draws with middle pair plus (I chose this as it would be the most extreme case for Villain continuing), Villain would call with only 40% of Villain's range. If I do the same analysis for the turn, the only case where it would be profitable to fire the second barrel is if Villain only continued with made hands so I sort of regret betting the turn which I don't think it is realistic if Villain continued on the flop with draws. I only betted the turn since I thought that I still had a range advantage. With the check-raise, I know that I need 21 percent to continue and I don't think Villain would check raise with draws so even with an overcard, I still don't have enough equity and based on the range I made, I don't think I have any IO.
Thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• obliviusoblivius San FranciscoRed Chipper Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Lot of draws and pairs for V with flop call. Take a free turn due to V having a lot of 1 pair+draw type hands in his range which won't fold..As played the turn fold is good IMO., wrong pot odds to call for sure. I don't think IO is a consideration here. Ask yourself too what you'd do here with an overpair, 2P etc. Work out all those scenarios and equities. In theory you still have a slight range advantage so V's x/r looks strong.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭
    Opening ATo is too weak to open with, except if you've some reads.

Flop c-bet is debatable. I don't like the turn c-bet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file