Hand from heron5491

TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,089 -
edited July 2019 in Online Poker Hands
MOD Edit: Reposted from Intro thread

Hi Guys my name is Aaron and I play 25NL or 50NL 6 max online and 1/2 or 2/5 live. Lots of good info on the site so far and I’m excited to learn more.

Here is a recent hand and I think this is a safe fold but lmk your thoughts:

$.10/.25 NLL 6 max - $25 effective

Open 3x AsKh UTG, called by MP, CO (V-decent reg with 22/16, somewhat tight post) and Button.

KcQs4s with pot at $3.35
I bet $2.54 and all fold but V who calls

Turn 10h and pot at $8.43
I bet $5.46 and V calls

River is 3d and pot is $19.35
I check and he jams $16.25

Thoughts?
Moderation In Moderation

Comments

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You polarize flop into two players, merge turn on disadvantage card, then xf to blank on river. It's a recipe to get owned over the long term.
  • AaronRilesAaronRiles Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the comment Persuadeo. I definitely agree the line was not good when I reviewed it. In the moment I was thinking he doesn't have enough bluffs, but didn't consider Js10s and 10s9s as natural bluffs, plus I kinda laid it up for him. What kind of line do you like?
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    What kind of line do you like?

Well, let me put it like this: if you are going to polarize on flop, do you have any straights on the turn when you bet into two people? So when you bet the turn in this line, is it for value and if so, what happens when you get raised? My point being your range defines what you are going to do.

So I'd look at this hand entirely differently and ask myself what I am doing on the flop in terms of betting from zero to whatever, and then play the turn accordingly.
  • AaronRilesAaronRiles Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Got it that makes sense. Thanks again man.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file