KQs - where was my largest mistake?

StrainJPStrainJP Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭

Hero starts 8k and V covers. V is LAG. We are 10 handed.
Blinds 100/200

UTG+1 600
MP 600
Hero CU :Kd:Qd calls
Blinds fold
I put villain on all broadways, 88+, suited Ax, maybe J9s. Is this a good spot to 3 bet? 5 players to act.

:Qh:5s:4c ($1900)
UTG 500
MP folds
Hero 2500. I feel like I am way ahead of most of villains range. Feels like small bet to keep my worse hands in. Targeting AK, JJ, 88-1010 and smaller Qx. If he raises probably folding.
UTG+1 calls
Now I don’t think he has QQ+ or AQ. In game, plan for turn was to barrel any card except 8-J.

:Tc (6900)
UTG+1 1000
Hero calls (huge mistake?)
I have no idea where my brain went here. Honestly, froze up and just called. I didn’t expect him to lead. I am almost certain I should have pushed, thoughts?

6c (8900)
UTG $2500
Hero ?

Comments

• StrainJPStrainJP Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Edit, I was in LJ, not cutoff if it really matters.
  • Cracked_Jacks11Cracked_Jacks11 Red Chipper Posts: 56 ✭✭
    If villain is loose as you say and is opening a lot of pots, I feel like this is a great spot for a 3-bet pre. With MP just calling, he is very unlikely to be able to withstand much pressure. With a loose opener and some dead money in between, this feels like a great spot to squeeze.

As played pre-flop, I would question the value of raising the flop. If villain is truly a LAG player as you say, wouldn't you want to give him room to keep barreling? You have a very strong bluff-catcher on a fairly dry flop.

Admittedly, I am not a tournament player, but those are my initial thoughts to help get the conversation started.
  • kytmagickytmagic Red Chipper Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Indeed, I agree with @Cracked_Jacks11. There is merit to just flat-calling flop as the hands you are targeting don't exactly have that many outs.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,621 -
    In a tournament situation in particular, there's nothing wrong with calling down three streets with what is essentially a bluff-catcher against a volatile opponent.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file